FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Feels like only the blink of an eye since Remake launched, although I blame that on 2020 and 2021 being a bit of a blur due to fairly obvious reasons. Honestly one of the things I'm looking forward to most is being able to actually have conversations in person with my friends about the game post-launch.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I have FF7 so muted on social media, I'm just finding out that all the "yellow paint" jokes being thrown around are because of the Rebirth demo.

The yellow paint was in all the gameplay footage released back in September, so it's like old news to me haha.

My take: The devs should be less worried about players getting lost and spend more time teaching them the combat mechanics, like how to use ranged attacks (which is only described in two sentences before Cloud's first fight, in a game with flying enemies).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm not sure if there's been any official word but does it seem like Rocket Town won't be in this either? I don't think it was ever mentioned in Cid's character description (instead saying he runs a shuttle service out of several abandoned airstrips) and his official CG render does not feature the rocket either. (Disregard what I said if it showed up in the final trailer as I didn't watch it because those usually include turbo spoilers :flipmonster: )

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My PS5 dashboard is telling me that Rebirth unlocks in 14 days.

Each day is so painful now, like getting a tooth pulled one by one.

A look inside my brain: "What time is it!? Damn, only 7am" *15 minutes later* "What time is it!? Damn, only 7:15am" and so on and so forth.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Oh man, the leaks & spoilers thread has 4x the replies as the demo thread, but 12x the views! Apparently something is up.

I want to know what's happening sooo baaad. It's going to be fun reading through everything a month from now though.

1708062619139.png

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Yeah I won't be able to finish the demo until next week, not opening any of the spoiler threads is stressing me out haha.
(Not that cold can see this reply...)

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Not going anywhere near that thread myself.

Environment artwork on its way out via the official channels too. I don’t mind being spoiled on these, but you all might. In any case they look gorgeous…

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I'm on the same page with you all who are trying to avoid spoilers as best they can. Despite that, I've already been spoiled enough through the official trailers, and I've watched the first part of the demo, too. But if that's the extent SE wants me to be spoiled, I don't mind that. Super excited about being able to watch the game!!... Because I can't afford a PS5, let alone buy a legal copy of Rebirth when living in Mordor :mon: But I'm hopeful that a PC version will be released someday too.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Alright, the Leaks & Spoilers thread now has twice as many replies as the general Rebirth thread. What is going on? Can someone please reply to this message without giving any spoilers. Are copies in the wild? Was the demo datamined? Did a leaker reveal something? Again, I just want the context, not the content.

1708480282046.png

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Alright, the Leaks & Spoilers thread now has twice as many replies as the general Rebirth thread. What is going on? Can someone please reply to this message without giving any spoilers. Are copies in the wild? Was the demo datamined? Did a leaker reveal something? Again, I just want the context, not the content.

View attachment 14332
Shipping. Particularly, details about the Gold Saucer dates. Lots of new users seemed to have migrated from Twitter, Reddit, & 4chan to find out about the dates and the ending. Nothing concrete about the latter just yet.

Rose Alive

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Always hungry
Copies are now out in the wild. The demo has not been datamined as far as I know. A reddit user has been dropping info for days, at first just debunking false leaks. He had a review copy of ff16 and has one for rebirth.

A lot of those replies are just a bunch of back and forth. Anime, shipping, etc.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Copies are now out in the wild. The demo has not been datamined as far as I know. A reddit user has been dropping info for days, at first just debunking false leaks. He had a review copy of ff16 and has one for rebirth.

A lot of those replies are just a bunch of back and forth. Anime, shipping, etc.
There's also a guy in Philly with an early scalped copy who's playing through at his own pace, and giving summaries (on Reddit) of what's happened in the story so far.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I posted about this in the demo thread, performance mode actually looks *worse* now :closedmonster:
I may have to not update the game when I get my discs because I'd rather performance mode be blurry than blurry+pixelated :P

This is comparing performance mode before and after the patch.

Before:

1EVi3x3.jpg

After:

So6ZcJc.jpg

Zoomed in for your convenience:

Before:

qEk7l2J.jpg

After:

P3aaivN.jpg

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I means those two images aren't quite zoomed in the same amount, so it's not a perfect comparison. Also I'd say with the zoomed out "after" picture the imagine definition of stuff like the mountain interior looks more well defined than the "before". Also didn't they say to expect one more day one (or a couple days after) when the official release drops?

Top Bottom