SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
Didn't one of the devs say in an interview the Remake series wouldn't be as ambiguous and more definitive? I forgot who said it.

Nal

Pro Adventurer
It's meant to be awkward and wrong but it's very heartwarming when cloud gives her the comfort she needs. Also that trailer was the biggest bait imaginable when you what that trip actually was just WOW
Also wait till you see the other stuff with Tifa

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
It's meant to be awkward and wrong but it's very heartwarming when cloud gives her the comfort she needs. Also that trailer was the biggest bait imaginable when you what that trip actually was just WOW
that was just so.. the folded arms and looking away from her out of the window... Sitting away from her when she pats next to her and removing himself immediately after she falls into him.. holy hell that's like... Insane. She definitely comes across as into him but heck.. he is just cold as fkn ice man. But so warm with Tifa. I can't believe they made it that obvious... My god.

Reactions: Nal

Nal

Pro Adventurer
that was just so.. the folded arms and looking away from her out of the window... Sitting away from her when she pats next to her and removing himself immediately after she falls into him.. holy hell that's like... Insane. She definitely comes across as into him but heck.. he is just cold as fkn ice man. But so warm with Tifa. I can't believe they made it that obvious... My god.
Yeah throughout the game you can see his body language with Aerith Vs Tifa especially at a part where Aerith is sitting In a place she should not be sitting but the part that ends the LTD Hoo Boy Hardcore Cleriths are not gonna a have a fun time I still think they could ha e resolved this in a better way but at least for the mainstream audience the LTD will be dead

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Aerith baby, I know how you imagine this happiness in this place with someone you love and love you back. It hurts me so bad to see you try to imagine that with Cloud but your subconscious dream tell you otherwise.

1708922495881.png

Just kidding. I know this EC wallpaper isn't related to the main story. At least there's also a scene in Rebirth of Zack being protected by white whispers and yellow petal guiding him when Sephiroth throw him away to portal. He says, "I'll find the way. You'll see."

Last edited:
Reactions: Nal

Nal

Pro Adventurer
Aerith baby, I know how you imagine this happiness in this place with someone you love and love you back. It's hurt you so bad that you try to imagine that with Cloud but your subconscious dream tell you otherwise.

View attachment 14573

Just kidding. I know this EC wallpaper isn't related to the main story. At least there's also a scene in Rebirth of Zack being protected by white whispers and yellow petal guiding him when Sephiroth throw him away to portal. He says, "I'll find the way. You'll see."
They make it very clear the relationships going forward

Rfcloud88

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Ichie
Yo I don’t know if any of y’all came across Margot strife posts lolol. Her take on the dating scenes are horrible🤣 I’m just entertained. She’s trashing on Cloud’s character bc things didn’t go the way she imagined in her head. Really doesn’t care for the story🤦🏻

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Yeah throughout the game you can see his body language with Aerith Vs Tifa especially at a part where Aerith is sitting In a place she should not be sitting but the part that ends the LTD Hoo Boy Hardcore Cleriths are not gonna a have a fun time I still think they could ha e resolved this in a better way but at least for the mainstream audience the LTD will be dead
I've heard leaks about
the water tower 'date' but again assumed people were overreacting/reading it with shipping goggles but tbh I'm really not sure now. The GS is meant to be the 'big' date of the LTD dynamic but woooow that was.. not..

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
We kept hearing about them being treated "equally" and this is Aerith's farewell tour after all
We definitely did keep hearing that, but we didn't know exactly what they meant by equal. They don't need to get the exact same kind of moments to get equal treatment.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I actually checked Twitter just earlier to see what the hubbub was about. Big mistake. A whole bunch of copium. But I do kind of feel bad for some of the Clerith fans that are openly stating that they’re leaving the fandom. Sucks to be that disappointed with a story as I’ve been there before with several in the past.

What’s the name?

2000 Gil to Become a Hero

Rfcloud88

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Ichie
I actually checked Twitter just earlier to see what the hubbub was about. Big mistake. A whole bunch of copium. But I do kind of feel bad for some of the Clerith fans that are openly stating that they’re leaving the fandom. Sucks to be that disappointed with a story as I’ve been there before with several in the past.

2000 Gil to Become a Hero
Cleriths are leaving the Final Fantasy VII fandom all bc they didn’t like what they saw?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
They don't, opposites attract for some people, and they don't attract for other people, and the ones for which they do make claims as if it applies to everyone. I am not attracted to my opposite.
True, my mistake. I should've added that for some people, opposites attract. I never meant to imply that was the case for all people.

It's possible Cloud/Aerith could've worked out better than him/Tifa

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I haven't seen videos of him calling her weird - just saying she's being weird.

Yeah, I think
there might be a bit of an overreaction or misunderstanding of that word on both sides from some. If I remember right the word weird is used on Tifa's date as well, she's saying it's weird finding themselves in the situation they are in, not that their date is weird, which would be a bad faith take

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Naturally, people are going to be on the defensive to preserve some false sense of “validity”.

Um, actually, they held hands for .5 seconds longer, therefore #canon.

…and?

It’s all meant to serve a story. It’s not about “proving” a ship’s existence, it’s not about “keeping shippers fed”, it’s not about “letting the player interpret such and such.”

You are being strung along a carefully crafted story with defined character relationships and developments. And anything you try to reassure yourself with only highlights what little control you actually have.

Because you, the player…are a puppet.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Naturally, people are going to be on the defensive to preserve some false sense of “validity”.

…and?

It’s all meant to serve a story. It’s not about “proving” a ship’s existence, it’s not about “keeping shippers fed”, it’s not about “letting the player interpret such and such.”

You are being strung along a carefully crafted story with defined character relationships and developments. And anything you try to reassure yourself with only highlights what little control you actually have.

I just don’t really understand tbh. I said it several pages ago as well. How can they act like any of this is not already a huge possibility. This story has been around for 20+ years. It isn’t a surprise.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I think
there might be a bit of an overreaction or misunderstanding of that word on both sides from some. If I remember right the word weird is used on Tifa's date as well, she's saying it's weird finding themselves in the situation they are in, not that their date is weird, which would be a bad faith take
Tifa says it's weird that they've known each other since childhood but have never been this close. Pretty different context. But also it's pretty normal to say someone's being weird if someone's being weird haha

Broseph

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I haven't read the last few pages but I have to say

I'm legitimately surprised that SE wrote Cloud kissing one of his love interests. On one hand, this shouldn't be that big of a shock since it's implied he sleeps with Tifa in the original but that was the original and in polygons. Since then, it's felt like SE has tried really hard to make Cloud really chaste and sterile as far as romance goes. Nojima said he always imagined that a sequel to FF7 would have Cloud and Tifa together yet both AC and OWTAS felt lacking in intimacy. Even on the clerith side, when you saw the apperances they'd have in spinoff games, it was always very cold or super tragic. It's like all intimate actions from Cloud were removed. That's why seeing him actually kiss someone on-screen feels so weird but it also feels so gratifying. About damn time

faefolk

Pro Adventurer

…and?

Tbh though I'm enjoying shipping discourse currently, I don't generally partake because if I was reading this as a novel it's got a clear beginning, middle and end with clear cut character destinations regardless of any optional scenes. Because I'm a big reader - I've always perceived the story as it's presented as a whole.

I just think the shipping conversations around this game are amusing more than anything. Though tbh if the shipping stuff is as heavy handed as it seems for this new game I think it's doing a discredit to the characters and making it unnecessarily dramatic. So I'm hoping it looks different in the wider context.

Top Bottom