SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yes, regardless of whether Zerith becomes a thing at the end (and I think it will), Zack will get to have a face-to-face meeting with Aerith. That is the bare minimum of what has been set up with him.
Yeah, it seems like quite a few people want Aerith to come back for shipping reasons generally and her just being alive is secondary to that. Which is why the sentiment doesn’t extend to Zack… because it would therefore create a problem.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
But yeah, they should bring both Aerith and Zack back if they go that route. However, it seems that everyone wanting Aerith to come back to life do not appear to share the same sentiment for Zack, as if he doesn’t deserve to have a happy ending. I think there is some double-standard here. Hmmm….
I can shamelessly admit that I like happy endings. So if we got an ending where Cloud and Tifa settle in Edge, and Aerith and Zack get to travel the planet, I'd just be happy, lol. But I guess I'd take a beautiful reunion in death too and settle for "they all live happily ever after" fan fic.

In my experience, a majority of people that think there is no canon ship seem to lean towards Clerith. I wonder why…
Because when one ship is canon the tactics are to deny and invalidate, lol.

Or two ships actually. Zerith is canon too even if they are currently separated by death and... whatever Re-trilogy has going on.

Yeah, you are allowed to have a character call someone Koibito without it being returned. As a very handy Go To, Ataru Morobishi calls many women Koibito. At one point he even argues with his school nurse Sakura's fiancee that He, Ataru is her koibito and not her fiancee.
The devs stating that one of their characters' roles is that of lover is a lot more authoritative than a character calling someone else their lover.
It's really curious isn't it that a third-person limited statement from a nameless character is taken as the author's word instead of as the character's feelings.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, it seems like quite a few people want Aerith to come back for shipping reasons generally and her just being alive is secondary to that. Which is why the sentiment doesn’t extend to Zack… because it would therefore create a problem.
See, I was in the camp of "If Zack gets to defy his fate, why can't Aerith?" And I still want her to!! She deserved to see those video tapes of her parents and ride on the Highwind 😤

But most people I talk to don't have this same POV if they want her to live lol they just.... want her to live so she can be with Cloud which I have no interest in obviously cause I don't ship them.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
See, I was in the camp of "If Zack gets to defy his fate, why can't Aerith?" And I still want her to!! She deserved to see those video tapes of her parents and ride on the Highwind 😤

But most people I talk to don't have this same POV if they want her to live lol they just.... want her to live so she can be with Cloud which I have no interest in obviously cause I don't ship them.
Because rewriting the planet’s memories isn’t a good thing

But hey, maybe she’ll still get both of those things before her and Zack get the Tidus treatment.

Aurenare

Lv. 1 Adventurer
The "there is no canon ship/it is up to the player" is a tactic Cleriths have been using for a while now. They think it gives them the higher moral/argumentative ground, to appear as "neutral" by stating that it is up to the player, BUT (there is always a "but" not long after saying the above) the game is "Clerith leaning". And then they will bombard you with why the game is soooooo Clerith.

You cannot trust anyone that states "it is up to the player". They are just disguised Cleriths, waiting for you to say "no, the story after this point revolves around Cloud and Tifa's relationship" to point their righteous finger at you and claim you are not trust worthy to debate with because you are a filthy, biased Cloti. But not them! They are "neutral" and you should totally listen to their arguments, and only them.

As I have said before, I am mostly a lurker in this whole mess. I am a fan for FFVII, its lore, story, and characters. My only ship in the game is Cid/Shera (and I am a lonely shipper, as everybody ships Cid with Vincent, despite the stated canonicity of Cid and Shera's marriage). I don't hold a horse in this supposed race, because the story is what it is, and I accept and love it as is. What I am is sick and tired of seeing these three characters, Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith, being torn to pieces because of the sake of some people sense of "winning". Or being "right" and others "wrong". Because it is not about the story or about the characters anymore. It is about the ego of people, their inhability of accepting the truth that has been told in the story, AND MOVE ON.

Want to ship? THEN DO.

But be kind, and respect others. And the story and characters you say you love. That's how you show true and rightful neutrality.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

So she'll survive, use the time before the final confrontation like the rest of the team to return to their loved ones and thus see and say goodbye to her mother while Tifa and Cloud play Twister naked? How nice of her!

Rin

Pro Adventurer
Because rewriting the planet’s memories isn’t a good thing

But hey, maybe she’ll still get both of those things before her and Zack get the Tidus treatment.
Idc if it's good a thing, I'm a selfish Aerith fan who wants her to live lmao

So she'll survive, use the time before the final confrontation like the rest of the team to return to their loved ones and thus see and say goodbye to her mother while Tifa and Cloud play Twister naked? How nice of her!
I can't tell if you're saying this like it's a bad thing tbh but either way, Aerith dying isn't really integral to the plot. Or, well, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be back in 1997. It was supposed to be a senseless tragedy that had no real meaning beyond the representation of losing someone you care about and never getting to see them again--as per Cloud's monologue. But that's not really true now cause Aerith dying is basically her glow up.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Do people really think that Cloud, who learns that Tifa has decided to stay by his bedside against all odds during the end of the world, to the point of falling with him into a sea of Mako, and just after we as a player get a glimpse of his psyche at how important Tifa is to him (that's what we call reciprocal feelings) will finally decide to abandon her for a woman he met two weeks ago? All the while not being quite himself for those said weeks?

And we're supposed to take them seriously?

I'm willing to accept lots of opinions. Some quite admissible in view of certain "proofs". That Aerith is in love with him. Yes. That he develops genuine feelings for her. No problem.

But that he chooses to do so with Tifa around at the end? I'm sorry, but that's impossible.

We're talking about a sentimental, reciprocal conflict that spans more than a decade versus a 15-day encounter.

The conflict being : I love her/him. How do I get her/him to understand/accept?

tl;dr : She is and always will be the biggest obstacle. And that's why they hate her so much. Because they know.

1714581718832.png

edit : @Rin I'm saying it with this analysis in mind. Wanting her to survive "so she can be with Cloud" is useless because she won't be. So if it's their only motivation. Don't. Just let her dead if you want her to survive for "bad" reasons.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I hope her experience was better than mine. Like actually being cared for and given medical attention. I got to continue working with all the disorientation and shit in full effect.
I was there to watch over her, so yes.

Da-na-na-NAH!
Leading me into the next tangent, are you familiar with the wonderful world of Zelda (and other) randomizers?

It'd be legendary but... Soldier overshadows him.
True enough. In our imaginary crossover everyone thinks he's undergoing degradation, only to be told he's not even a Soldier, much less SOLDIER.

It's funny though, I actually feel bad for Scout. His feelings for Ms. Pauling are actually very genuine and sweet, it's not his fault she's in the closet. And his eventual solution, to just wait patiently for her to like him is a lot better than you might expect from an arrogant, murderous front line merc. Though if he did try to force things I'm pretty sure Pauling would kill him... unless Heavy caught him first.
I don't know if she's not into men at all, but she's definitely not into him.

Everyone had potential in 2, it was just potential to be murdered by Caim.Urick lived up to his at least :monster:
So you're saying they're all on the same level as faceless mook hordes?

Well when you put it that way :awesome:
I insist. I know you love the taste of blood, even your own, but I do recommend against it.

Where he can meet a strong lady uranium miner.
How can you tell it's lady uranium?

I have a half-baked memory of a Joker crime spree centered around dissatisfaction with a comic book ship. Was that canon? Fanfic? It was entirely in-character for all involved but aside from that I can't remember.
It fits him, but I can't recall an actual comic it's from. Probably fanfic

He's used to moving a lot of mass around, that helps.
The Buster Belly.

Sounds adorable, yeah :monster:
Fair enough.

Exactly. Y'all have fun tryna' sap this'n here, ya yellow bellied scoundrel.
Now I feel like we need a "FF7 Cast as the TF2 mercs" fanart series. The problem is who should be who? Do we go for most appropriate, or most absurd? Is Aerith the Heavy? Is Cait Demoman because scottish and bombs, or Red because they share one eye and extreme rarity?

I didn't know I needed this crossover until now. I do wonder how long before Medic gets fed up and takes a bonesaw to Hojo mind you.
Those are technically very different questions. For Medic the bonesaw is almost the same as a handshake.

Ah yes, Scouts mad dog big brothers. I should have tossed the word "another" in there to account for them.

BFF Pyro and Engie makes me smile.

Barret would love an upgrade that gives him mini-sentries. No joke.
I'd love to have it in game, too. Let something else draw aggro for awhile.

Oh that's too good.
If you try the Cosmo Kweh you'll feel like you're soaring a thousand feet above a resplendant canyon. Also that you're a bird.

Indeed, that'll keep him striving pretty much forever.
I mean, it has so far.

Sounds easier to bribe him to me :monster: FTAGHN!
He's really a big pushover, when you get right down to it.

Yup, I agree. He will figure it out, too, it's just too useful not to.
The "now how the fuck did I do that" training montage will be great. Maybe he can tech Yuffie to throw energy bolts while she gives him pointers on impossible boomerang behavior.

Ahhh yes, the old tank n' spank. That works and is more appropriate for the thread.
Indeed. Buddha, like Cloud, deals the spank back himself.

I love interpreting game mechanics too literally. It's silly and fine.
It leads to the most absurd scenarios, yes.

No joke. Everyone just group trauma hug already. Yes including you Vinnie.
The only one who doesn't need a trauma hug is... Reeve. And even then, he needs a "having to deal with the rest of Shinra" stress hug.

Someone call Reeve, we got fundraising ideas for him.
What do we call the awards? The Shinnies? The Lifeys?

You're not wrong. Though to be fair, Snape Wives and similar would be snake-fuckingly crazy even if they legit were real people.
They'd be crazy in a different way, like real people shippers.

I still like Marlene best when she imitates her dad, but this is still on point and cute.
Marlene's Barret impersonations are amazing, yes.

That's how I read Chadley too.
It's pretty undeniable given the scene you get when you do enough of his missions.

I have to remind myself that sometimes I just have to let it go, that sometimes people are going to find characters I grew up with fatally flawed no matter what, I see the discourse on the unmoderated sites like Aerith is a "two timing back stabbing skank" and Tifa "narcissistic selfish bully" and I guess I just have to let it be, that some will always see it that way no matter how hard Nojima writes otherwise.
It's amazing how fractally wrong these are. Unless they mean Aerith is two timing by going on dates with Cloud AND Tifa... we may need to look into this...
But no, her ex is dead or gone, she's a bit socially crass but she's doing what she's doing very in the open and not behind anyone's back and she's been interested in one and a half men in her life as far as we know.
As for Tifa, that's almost literally the exact opposite. She's a pushover softy of a people pleaser who has trouble turning down requests for help.

Seeing that during the date, Aerith was checking in on Cloud regarding the CT misunderstanding in Kalm and Aerith advising Cloud to not take advantage of his relationship with Cloud, I wonder if Aerith was playfully teasing to make Tifa uncomfortable. So that Tifa would be more upfront with her feelings to Cloud. It felt like she was kinda being a wingman. Probably not the best way to do it, but it kinda read that way.
I sort of see it like this too- this is a trope that sometimes appears in japanese fiction- but Aerith might take it a bit far because of her emotions for the Zack in Cloud. It's also worth noting that these two very flirty moments occur before Tifa's backstory segment in TOTP chronologically since that IIRC starts right after they leave Kalm. Her flirting also tapers off significantly after this.

To be fair to Silver, I think she got relentlessly attacked by CAs, which really soured her. But yeah most CTs are certainly avoiding her because yikes.
She can join the club on getting attacked. I've been called basically everything in the book for arguing this position.
For example, I apparently brainwash people.
Pinkers, CAltists, extremists, whatever you call them, are fucking unhinged.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
edit : @Rin I'm saying it with this analysis in mind. Wanting her to survive "so she can be with Cloud" is useless because she won't be. So if it's their only motivation. Don't. Just let her dead if you want her to survive for "bad" reasons.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I mean, I'm not in that camp so my reasons for wanting her to live are different than theirs. For me, it's just that I'm never gonna be happy when my favourite characters die. Obviously, I would prefer them to live but I'm also not unhealthily attached to fiction so .... Aerith died again in Rebirth and that's that. However, if someone were to ask me, "Do you want Aerith to live?" I'd wholeheartedly say yes.

Edited to add;

It's similar to how I feel about FFX and FFX-2. Do I like FFX-2 from a plot POV? No. But am I happy that TiYu reunited in the perfect ending? Yes. Does it make sense? No. Do I care? Also no. Because at the end of the day, I'm just a selfish fan who wanted them to reunite and they did lol

Last edited:

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Personally, my theory is that the dream date aerith is the OG aerith from the OG games. She's been hiding in the lifestream and is the reason why at the beginning of remake aerith has the memories of the previous game. The dream date was a risk she had to take in order to give remake aerith the white materia to perform holy. The materia also performs a double duty of giving aerith the memories of OG aerith. Sephiroth says during the date, "so this is where you've been hiding". This indicates to me he's been looking for this particular version of Aerith. OG aerith would be his biggest obstacle as she has the most knowledge and can pass it to other aeriths if necessary. We see in the novel that Aerith is also hiding from sephiroth. It states she senses him but that he's dangerous and she shouldn't get close. Her date with cloud here is a serves as a way to give cloud the materia but also a final goodbye from OG aerith to cloud. Seph by the end comes for her and I think kills her. She doesn't return to the lifestream, that's it for her he destroys her spirit or soul. That's why the it's been fun line hurts so much to me. OG aerith has gotten an oppurtunity to actually see cloud develop before everything.

I do believe OG aerith has feelings for cloud and I believe this is confirmed in the Lifestream White 1 section. In it cloud is called her beloved, or a more direct translation would be sweetheart or lover. The writing is a little weird in the novel, we don't know if its like the narrator saying cloud is the beloved of aerith or if the feeling is more reciprocated as in they both love each other. I prob lean more towards the latter cuz I feel devs really want to keep ships non-canon. Heres a reddit post unrelated to FF7 that discusses the word but redditors all say that the word, "koibito" is never used non-platonically, only romantically. Sucks for Zack but idk could be wrong.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/sy1s6z
This could explain why aerith is so forward and bold in remake. She has already fallen for cloud cuz shes seen everything the OG aerith has. Rebirth is where she loses it and she almost reverts to the aerith before the memories. She has all the moments she shared with cloud in the remake, but the context behind them is now missing.

I'm of the opinion that devs really shouldn't pick a canon ship. It's a lot of hate for what amounts to not much in terms of storytelling. What I really want to see is in part 3, Aerith being able to live. I personally think cloud made a version of her by blocking the sword and she'll prob be available to party with in the final battle when the worlds merge. We haven't gotten her final limit break so this is one logical way to do it. I'm curious to know if people are ok with the ending changing and her being alive. I get that a lot of people hold the OG's themes dear but remake has changed so much that I think we can explore a new, more optimistic theme of fate not being set in stone. From what I've gathered most fans wouldn't be mad at a new happier ending, just fail to see how it can be executed well.
IIRC - Nojima said that he wrote it not from the writer's POV but wrote it thinking he was Aerith. If that makes sense. I think koibito refers to her one-sided feelings.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
It's similar to how I feel about FFX and FFX-2. Do I like FFX-2 from a plot POV? No. But am I happy that TiYu reunited in the perfect ending? Yes. Does it make sense? No. Do I care? Also no. Because at the end of the day, I'm just a selfish fan who wanted them to reunite and they did lol
Selfish Happy Ending Fans unite, lol.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I know Aerith gets brutally murdered but somehow I never think of her having a bad ending lol. I think because in AC she seems so ethereal and is with Zack.
Yeah the meaning of her death has been replaced with deification tbh. Personally, I don't like that because she always wanted to be a normal girl but post death she becomes what I like to call "Cloud's emotional support Cetra". I respect her OG death for what it is and what it represents but I don't respect what her death has evolved into.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
I agree. In Remake you kind of see her react to Cloud. Like she starts of praising how cool he is then we he starts boasting she dials it back. You see her get flustered when he catches her on the rooftop. You see her mention she knows he is a SOLDIER from the sword, you see question him about knowing any SOLDIERS. You see her say she needs to move forward not back etc. So kind of shows in Remake but we don't ever really see the struggle in Rebirth.

I saw she is surprised and wondering during the Costa Del Sol date why Cloud took the mission which shows she likes him throughout and is frustrated with her feelings but outside of that there isn't much except her GS dates and her saying she wants to find him.

Rebirth I feel kind of reset Aerith by taking her memories of the future but don't really have her react in terms of her feelings outside of the optional content.

Which is why the dream date where she clearly is very interested and clearly struggling doesn't seem to match up with much of what came before.

And basically you only get the full picture if you play her route and sidequests. If you ignore these it's even more out of left field because Aerith's feelings aren't given context. In OG people don't like that she flirts but we see she is clearly interested.

In Remake she doesn't flirt as much and I don't think she is as conflicted but you see her react and feel a bit more. So I have to say Remake fleshed her out way better.

But even there she is mysterious for most of it.
I think the the disconnect is remake had some good setups and hints regarding Aerith's attraction to Cloud. Such as wanting to spend more time with him and her being curious about his Soldier profession. However, in Rebirth, there are no follow-ups to that and it never gets explored any further. I agree, its kinda like a reset. I don't agree with the argument that due to her losing her memories, she got reset because those were memories of the future. So its irrelevant to what she experienced with Cloud since the first day she met him, as that is the past.

In Rebirth, Aerith and Cloud's relationship doesn't get much character development. Sure, she is constantly playfully teasing him but it doesn't provide the player with any useful information in regards to what she is experiencing internally. Its all on the surface. Its even more confusing to connect the dots because the narrative seems to push Aerith being a wingman (for a lack of better word) for Tifa and Cloud. We explore her traumatic past. We are introduced to her lingerings feelings for Zack. Yet there is no exploration regarding her internal emotional conflicts with Cloud.

So when the GS date and dream date happens, it kinda paints Aerith in a negative light. Her behaviour can come off contradictory or giving mixed signals because on one end, she has a deep bond with Tifa and is pushing CT, but then she falls for Cloud and pursues him (despite her warning from remake).

I was only able to connect the dots regarding Aerith's feelings because of my familiarity with the FFVII compilation lore.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I know Aerith gets brutally murdered but somehow I never think of her having a bad ending lol. I think because in AC she seems so ethereal and is with Zack.
I just shamelessly and selfishly want to see Zack and Aerith travel the world together, lol. And they can't exactly do that dead.

But more seriously, speaking of post-game content, it'd be nice if the devs gave us an open-world post-game where you can re-visit all the areas and see little epilogue scenes with all the characters. Such as giving Elmyra and Zack's parents closure because they seriously deserve it.

Yeah the meaning of her death has been replaced with deification tbh. Personally, I don't like that because she always wanted to be a normal girl but post death she becomes what I like to call "Cloud's emotional support Cetra". I respect her OG death for what it is and what it represents but I don't respect what her death has evolved to become.
Yeah, I think the meaning of her death was already muddled even before they turned her into Schrödinger's Aerith.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah the meaning of her death has been replaced with deification tbh. Personally, I don't like that because she always wanted to be a normal girl but post death she becomes what I like to call "Cloud's emotional support Cetra". I respect her OG death for what it is and what it represents but I don't respect what her death has evolved into.

To be fair... it's already what OG hinted at during the end.

She helps Cloud "get out" of the Lifestream and reunite him with the team before releasing the stream to protect the planet. She's not exactly the girl next door lol.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
To be fair... it's already what OG hinted at during the end.

She helps Cloud "get out" of the Lifestream and reunite him with the team before releasing the stream to protect the planet. She's not exactly the girl next door lol.
Yeah but it's not shoved in your face and she's not healing alien cancer with her limit break lmao

Yeah, I think the meaning of her death was already muddled even before they turned her into Schrödinger's Aerith.

Not Schrödinger's Aerith 😭 But you're right. It's been muddled ever since they were just like "Ya, she can choose not to dissolve in the LS bc she's a Cetra, and she can talk to Cloud/help him out whenever she wants, and she can also come back to life by making remnants like Sephiroth did but she decides not to, oh AND she can use her strongest limit break from beyond the grave to heal the world of geostigma."

It all just makes me go ... Ok then why even kill her at this point? lmao the OG did her post death plot inclusion tastefully at least!

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah but it's not shoved in your face and she's not healing alien cancer with her limit break lmao

Not Schrödinger's Aerith 😭 But you're right. It's been muddled ever since they were just like "Ya, she can choose not to dissolve in the LS bc she's a Cetra, and she can talk to Cloud/help him out whenever she wants, and she can also come back to life by making remnants like Sephiroth did but she decides not to, oh AND she can use her strongest limit break from beyond the grave to heal the world of geostigma."

It all just makes me go ... Ok then why even kill her at this point? lmao the OG did her post death plot inclusion tastefully at least!

I understand your point. But people are already losing their minds, so I can't imagine what it would be like if she received the same treatment as OG (more or less non-existent after CD1. It's crude, I know, but it's kind of true).

The characters have taken on far too much importance over the years. Even if she's really dead at the end of Rebirth (which I personally think she is), they'll still can't help but bring her into the picture via the LS and so on.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I’m generally curious how they’ll approach marketing for Part 3. Will they be baity for marketability reasons? Will they do it because of Rebirth allegedly selling poorly?

Moreover, how will this affect Part 3’s development. I’m expecting a 2027 release so I expect they’ll start marketing the game towards the end of 2025 or early into 2026.

It’s gonna be interesting, for sure.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Do people really think that Cloud, who learns that Tifa has decided to stay by his bedside against all odds during the end of the world, to the point of falling with him into a sea of Mako, and just after we as a player get a glimpse of his psyche at how important Tifa is to him (that's what we call reciprocal feelings) will finally decide to abandon her for a woman he met two weeks ago? All the while not being quite himself for those said weeks?

And we're supposed to take them seriously?

I'm willing to accept lots of opinions. Some quite admissible in view of certain "proofs". That Aerith is in love with him. Yes. That he develops genuine feelings for her. No problem.

But that he chooses to do so with Tifa around at the end? I'm sorry, but that's impossible.

We're talking about a sentimental, reciprocal conflict that spans more than a decade versus a 15-day encounter.

The conflict being : I love her/him. How do I get her/him to understand/accept?

tl;dr : She is and always will be the biggest obstacle. And that's why they hate her so much. Because they know.

View attachment 16413

I think part of the problem is people misunderstand the narrative point of Aerith's one-sided feelings towards Cloud. Aerith's one-sided feelings for Cloud are formed specifically around Aerith's character arc. Its about Aerith's internal struggle with trying to move on from Zack while potentially seeing something with Cloud.

However, it doesn't work. NOT because Cloud and Aerith is about "a love that cannot be" but because Aerith's heart is with Zack. She is just lost in her infatuation with Cloud which is why Aerith is struggling to figure out what her "suki" means. The tragedy is that she doesn't get the agency to figure it out on her own terms and explore it further. (due to her life getting cut short and because she doesn't get to meet the real Cloud). It also tragic because she never gets closure for Zack. Aerith's feelings are complex and at times ambiguous, but it makes sense.

However, even if Aerith were to meet the real Cloud, it would not work because Cloud's heart is with Tifa.

The star crossed lovers narrative is ZA. Its a mutual love story. Due to circumstances beyond their control, they could not be together.

Last edited:

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I’m generally curious how they’ll approach marketing for Part 3. Will they be baity for marketability reasons? Will they do it because of Rebirth allegedly selling poorly?

Moreover, how will this affect Part 3’s development. I’m expecting a 2027 release so I expect they’ll start marketing the game towards the end of 2025 or early into 2026.

It’s gonna be interesting, for sure.
i do wonder cause most of the game they show will be a spoiler. Its all so plot heavy from here. Yet they gotta hype
people and showing lifestream stuff and highwind would do that. So would midgar raid. Pretty much do the opposite of Rebirth and don't show all Zack scenes in the trailer but a few. Then have those sections be 7 min walking sims

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
i do wonder cause most of the game they show will be a spoiler. Its all so plot heavy from here. Yet they gotta hype
people and showing lifestream stuff and highwind would do that. So would midgar raid. Pretty much do the opposite of Rebirth and don't show all Zack scenes in the trailer but a few. Then have those sections be 7 min walking sims

The game will take place during a world war. Something we didn't have in OG. So I think they can keep some of the big plot point while they're marketing this sort of new stuff.

And of course they're gonna play with us with the Zack stuff.

We can expect to see some snowy areas for the first teaser. First trailer can show us some Wutai aeras to show us how they expanded it. One of the big action trailer will 100% have an adult weapon fight.

I think there is enough material to not expand to much on the heavy story stuff.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I can see them clipping up footage of early game, pinching action snippets from the Wutai segment, and using out of context voice lines to push the drama… all the somber tune of a piano in the background.

Maybe end on a one frame sneak peak of the Sephiroth form we’re all waiting to see in HD.

There’s ways to do it without really spoiling anything.

Top Bottom