SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I recall that some people in the CA fandom were claiming that Aerith is the true love that belongs in Cloud's heart because in the KH ending credits sequence that was showing the Disney couples, Aerith and Cloud were included. I think there was an interview where Tetsuya Nomura made a comment about it and people used this as further evidence.

Can anyone confirm what exactly it was about and if there is any validity to it?

Nomura forgot about his own characters and switch Squall with Cloud in KH1.

So I refuse to give the slightest importance to its hypothetical significance to the lore of FF7 lol.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I definitely think they probably should not have included the affinity system. I think it kinda also affected the way people went about quests as well.

I think they should have just focused on the story they wanted to do, even if we have little say in the matter. Trying to please both sides of the fandom and putting the affection system in simply because it existed in the OG was probably a bad idea.

Hope it’s gone in Part 3 to be honest.
theres no reason to have it lets be real here for good storytelling it should be gone

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I definitely think they probably should not have included the affinity system. I think it kinda also affected the way people went about quests as well.

This is 100% true for my playthrough. I knew I wanted the Aerith date, so I only did the Aerith quests, confident that I would be able to go back and do the other quests after finishing the MSQ. Modern gaming conventions have become so samey.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I recall that some people in the CA fandom were claiming that Aerith is the true love that belongs in Cloud's heart because in the KH ending credits sequence that was showing the Disney couples, Aerith and Cloud were included. I think there was an interview where Tetsuya Nomura made a comment about it and people used this as further evidence.

Can anyone confirm what exactly it was about and if there is any validity to it?
Yeah no, that’s an overblown cameo thing. The only time Aerith and Cloud interact in KH1 is in the end credits where they… talk in a library. It’s barely anything.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

So I refuse to give the slightest importance to its hypothetical significance to the lore of FF7 lol.
Or was he not-so-subtly saying the Cloud you are looking for is Squall haha

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶

I think they should have just focused on the story they wanted to do, even if we have little say in the matter. Trying to please both sides of the fandom and putting the affection system in simply because it existed in the OG was probably a bad idea.

Hope it’s gone in Part 3 to be honest.
This is my biggest hope, just so every thing is crystal clear.

I’ve watched what comes next in chunks from OG play throughs, so maybe there are scenes I don’t know…so are there any scenes that would warrant them having it in the next part?

Like UTH is specifically for Tifa, and if I’m understanding right, GS was the climax of the affinity system in OG?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
This is my biggest hope, just so every thing is crystal clear.

I’ve watched what comes next in chunks from OG play throughs, so maybe there are scenes I don’t know…so are there any scenes that would warrant them having it in the next part?

Like UTH is specifically for Tifa, and if I’m understanding right, GS was the climax of the affinity system in OG?
The only scene affinity affects after the GS date is the Highwind scene. And I think both versions basically mean the same thing so I don’t think there needs to be different versions of it in Part 3. There’s simply no reason to bring it back for a third game to be honest.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Okay, so the thing about that ending, it was not just couples. In point of fact, the sequences that Cloud and Aerith (and Cid and Squall and Yuffie) show up in come right between a segment showing Huey Dewey and Louie in trouble at Mickey's Castle with animated mops as Minnie and Daisy look on, and a segment where Pinnochio becomes a real boy and he celebrates with Geppetto. Then there's a short clip of Aladdin and Jasmine reuniting while Genie and Apu look on (and cover their eyes) that's the only romantic one, since then it's back to the Island for the Tidus Wakka and Selphie cameo.
Even at the time it was trying to make a mountain out of not even a molehill, not even an anthill, but an ant.

I think he wanted to use Vincent but was told he had to use Cloud for his popularity so he made Vincent Cloud and it stuck in people's minds and Nojima is stuck undoing all the damage.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
We shouldn't shy away from depictions of mental illness and consequences in media or elsewhere. I was kind of an ass in the depths of my depression and others either in family or that have dated family have done worse. Severe depression you can be dealing with paranoia, hallucinations, psychosis, etc.

AC Cloud I have a soft spot for a reason, and even though I liked OG Aerith for brightness and sassy forthright personally and being forward, I shouldn't shun her for her grief in Re-trilogy.

However I agree Barret should also match up, if you're doing all the relic quests you get a set focusing on Barret, Tifa, Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, Avalanche dealing with
Barret and Tifa's grief and a kind of resolution arc for that, Barret says something like you and me Tifa we've got to stop feeling so guilty or something like that.
Also in the final chapter just say the magic words Daddy's coming home real soon!

Last edited:

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
They have to be trolling, the account was only made in April, and in further replies with other people they started using hashtags such as #Clerithtoo and #Justice for Tifa.

Just in general feels unserious, though the cynic in me believes it's real, the optimist in me says it's a cry for attention.

EDIT: If it makes anyone feel better, I replied with only this simple image and ratioed them almost 2:1 in terms of likes, so Twitter isn't a complete lost cause.

View attachment 16519
I do think the Heroine title there is for both girls, but it happens to be on top of Tifa and extends to Aerith beside her. Though yeah i see this page being used a lot to show that Tifa is in fact a heroine.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I do think the Heroine title there is for both girls, but it happens to be on top of Tifa and extends to Aerith beside her. Though yeah i see this page being used a lot to show that Tifa is in fact a heroine.
Oh yeah, I think so aswell.

The point I was making was not: Tifa is the heroine, Aerith is not. I wouldn't be any better than them if so.

I was just saying; "yep, they're both heroines, whether you like it or not."

it's so wild to me that they keep on going about Tifa loving the SOLDIER Cloud idea when she consistantly doesn't like those aspects in Cloud and even hates SOLDIERS in general :mon:.
Reading ToTP should be an entry requirement for the fandom, honestly.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
We shouldn't shy away from depictions of mental illness and consequences in media or elsewhere. I was kind of an ass in the depths of my depression and others either in family or that have dated family have done worse. Severe depression you can be dealing with paranoia, hallucinations, psychosis, etc.

AC Cloud I have a soft spot for a reason, and even though I liked OG Aerith for brightness and sassy forthright personally and being forward, I shouldn't shun her for her grief in Re-trilogy.

However I agree Barret should also match up, if you're doing all the relic quests you get a set focusing on Barret, Tifa, Jessie, Biggs, Wedge, Avalanche dealing with
Barret and Tifa's grief and a kind of resolution arc for that, Barret says something like you and me Tifa we've got to stop feeling so guilty or something like that.
Also in the final chapter just say the magic words Daddy's coming home real soon!

I'm not asking to shy away from depictions of mental illness.

I'm saying you should introduce it with more respect of your characters.

Because FF7 is already depicting someone with mental illness. We shared hours with him, watching him falling in despair and closing himself from the world. And we watched him fight it, learn about himself and embracing what he is.

And his name was Cloud Strife. You had no need to throw all of his victories under the bus to put him in a melodramatic movie because "people think this dude is an emo, so let's go all out"

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Even more so when said film prompted women to write to writers to express how hurt they'd been by Tifa's treatment.

At a time when women were much less represented in video game fandom culture.

So the fact that their voices were loud enough to shock the developers into realizing they'd screwed up speaks volumes.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Oh yeah, I think so aswell.

The point I was making was not: Tifa is the heroine, Aerith is not. I wouldn't be any better than them if so.

I was just saying; "yep, they're both heroines, whether you like it or not."

Reading ToTP should be an entry requirement for the fandom, honestly.
Yeah i didn't really mean to imply you thought like that, just felt like bringing it up as talk point.

I hope they incorporate ToTP stuff even harder in the third game, especially the stuff surrounding Cloud and Tifa and show it in the Lifestream sequence properly. Can't really expect everyone to read all the external material so they should show most of the important points through the game too at the very least.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
And sorry to sound like an asshole, but you can keep your depression depiction if it's to instrumentalize it as something romantic. I don't want anything to do with it.

(not talking to you directly of course.)

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I hope they incorporate ToTP stuff even harder in the third game, especially the stuff surrounding Cloud and Tifa and show it in the Lifestream sequence properly. Can't really expect everyone to read all the external material so they should show most of the important points through the game too at the very least.
There's no way in hell we aren't going to meet Zangan again in part 3. From ToTP it just felt like such an obvious setup. Or we'll atleast meet him in a sidequest.

and I hope they show more of Cloud and Tifa being next door neighbours in the LS, ToTP brings up how they used to be at each others' houses all the time when they were very young, but we never get to see any of it, it's never properly elaborated upon.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Yeah i didn't really mean to imply you thought like that, just felt like bringing it up as talk point.

they will reading back on traces of two pasts they mention a lot of stuff that will come up in the lifestream sequence. Like Tifa's memories of Cloud being specifially checked by her and then put away to not forget each detail. That screams lifestream sequence

Top Bottom