SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
Oh you stumbled on Margot lol that one is crazy and more a selfxCloud shipper than a CA shipper tbh. She also spends her time dissing Tifa. You can block her, you’ll lose absolutely nothing 👍🏻
I did block immediately, there’s interesting interpretations and then there’s….that one. I can’t handle that kind of stuff.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yeah I know one CT who does but she’s not a selfxCloud shipper at all lol. She is just overprotective because Cloud is her favourite and people keep having bad takes about him. She’s very much a CT fully committed shipper that aside.
Well, I meant Zack, not Cloud.

But actually I’ve seen both be called “sons” too so it makes sense.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Maybe people can't relate to him as well as they can to Cloud perhaps? He's too "out there" or such. Or he just simply doesn't exist to these people couse OG is the only compilation title that matters afterall :mon:.

Or maybe like you said, people want to protect that dorky man Cloud instead of being swept under their feet by the great guy that Zack is.
Funnily enough, I’d say the OG still argues Cloti. But I suppose Zack and Zerith is pretty bare so it makes sense.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Except the same doesn't apply to Tifa, you only get her as Rosa if you got her date. So if she's the 'canon' Rosa, it can only be on her date.
My whole thing was a hypothetical situation where Tifa would be the default Rosa in which case she would be applied similarly to Aerith right now, where you have Aerith as the Rosa in some dates regardless if you pick her or not.

Ofc with the way the game is, Tifa is only there IF you pick her, but i was more suggesting a setup where both Tifa and Yuffie would get to participate in the Event Square stuff regardless of your date picks and Aerith would get the singing part as her thing, while Tifa could be Rosa and Yuffie could play some other role in the play just to have everyone participate at all times. Also i don't count Cid or Vincent here couse they are barely part of the group at this point in time.

Nonetheless they didn't handle it like this, so it's a pointless thought now anyway. Just something that popped to my mind when doing all the dates yesterday.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Funnily enough, I’d say the OG still argues Cloti. But I suppose Zack and Zerith is pretty bare so it makes sense.
Yeah my assumption is that people don't really project themselves to be with Zack simply because he was barely a character in OG and said people didn't really warm up to him through Crisis Core either.

I for one gotta admit that Crisis Core barely made me care about Zack as a character either. It's actually Rebirth that made me enjoy his character a lot more. I put blame on the crappy writing and dry delivery of Crisis Core honestly.

EDIT: Though keep in mind i haven't watched or played CC Reunion yet, so i don't know if they made this stuff feel better there, but my impression is based on OG CC.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Yeah my assumption is that people don't really project themselves to be with Zack simply because he was barely a character in OG and said people didn't really warm up to him through Crisis Core either.

I for one gotta admit that Crisis Core barely made me care about Zack as a character either. It's actually Rebirth that made me enjoy his character a lot more. I put blame on the crappy writing and dry delivery of Crisis Core honestly.
The compilation as whole had a rough time with these characters, but I did come out liking Zack. Mainly because he’s just so out of place in FF7 where you throw a stone and hit 3 different people with 5 different traumas each. Last name is quite appropriate lol

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of terrible takes...someone might have mentioned it here already, but anyone else see the "3 leaf clover represents friendship" cope?

I might just be strange but I never found FF8 confusing. Poorly explained, but not confusing.
Didn't reply to this, my bad. I think I meant more in the sense that the premise isn't great to begin with, so it involving weird future time travel that apparently affects the present doesn't help.
Crisis core as a whole feels off. I think it's mostly the stiff character models. It should have been a ps3 game, honestly.

It absolutely does, too. If my rival ship had a sequence where the woman explores the mans mind on a different plane to reality, in which he reveals his feelings for her, I'd give up.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of terrible takes...someone might have mentioned it here already, but anyone else see the "3 leaf clover represents friendship" cope?

Is it the dude that forgot Google was a thing ? And that people can use it for quick search ? lmao

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Crisis core as a whole feels off. I think it's mostly the stiff character models. It should have been a ps3 game, honestly.
It being on the PSP definitely didn't help with those yeah. From the little i've seen of Reunion, it still looks very stiff, though understandably when it's mostly just a graphic touch up with some added voice acting to my understanding.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think some of them definitely prefer to self-insert as OG Aerith and so CC Aerith is too shy for them.

And OG Aerith interacts with Cloud. I don’t know.

I don’t self-insert as any of the characters. I just like the ones I like and want to see their story develop satisfactorily.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
The compilation as whole had a rough time with these characters, but I did come out liking Zack. Mainly because he’s just so out of place in FF7 where you throw a stone and hit 3 different people with 5 different traumas each. Last name is quite appropriate lol
I do appreciate what CC brought to the table and how it expanded on the characters. It just didn't sell Zacks character to me itself. I do fully enjoy Zack now though, couse Rebirth handled him just so well like pretty much all the other characters too.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
Yes I saw the clover argument and then a native speaker debunk it lol.

To be fair, I don’t care about the clovers at Tifa’s feet meaning friendship or love, it’s just a speculation on both ends, less important for Cloti argument, seemingly coping on the other end.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Is it the dude that forgot Google was a thing ? And that people can use it for quick search ? lmao
When the stuff you're saying can be debunked with one quick google search, it's probably some sort of sign.

It being on the PSP definitely didn't help with those yeah. From the little i've seen of Reunion, it still looks very stiff, though understandably when it's mostly just a graphic touch up with some added voice acting to my understanding.
I played reunion, and yes, it is 'better' but it still looks entirely so wrong.

Also, some of the character designs are questionable too, some of the new one feel very out of place in ff7.
I think some of them definitely prefer to self-insert as OG Aerith and so CC Aerith is too shy for them.

And OG Aerith interacts with Cloud. I don’t know.

I don’t self-insert as any of the characters. I just like the ones I like and want to see their story develop satisfactorily.
A lot of Cleriths don't like Crisis Core for the fact they think Zerith 'stole' things from Clerith. That might have something to do with it

Can you elaborate on this? Haven't heard about this one.

Could be a troll looking at the name.
1715026120815.png
1715026240266.png
1715026159203.png

I'm pretty sure it's an AI that's been manipulated to give that response in the last picture btw.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
When the stuff you're saying can be debunked with one quick google search, it's probably some sort of sign.

Also, some of the character designs are questionable too, some of the new one feel very out of place in ff7.

A lot of Cleriths don't like Crisis Core for the fact they think Zerith 'stole' things from Clerith. That might have something to do with it

View attachment 16651
View attachment 16653
View attachment 16652

I'm pretty sure it's an AI that's been manipulated to give that response in the last picture btw.
Have you ever considered that the person you love and are in a romantic relationship with can also be your friend too?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

View attachment 16651
View attachment 16653
View attachment 16652

1715026506575.jpeg

Yeah.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye

View attachment 16651
View attachment 16653
View attachment 16652

Well, even if it did mean "friends in Japanese", friends don't kiss each other? Never mind that friendship is a pretty good foundation for a relationship?

Top Bottom