• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Was Sephiroth Conceived Only For the Project?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I don't know if it was fully implied in the game but does anyone think that the reason why Sephiroth was conceived so he could be experimented on with Jenova's cells. If so this makes Lucrecia even more into a morally questionable character if she agreed to only have a child so she could allow it to be injected with an unknown substance that could of have any negative effects.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
From Hojo's pov I think theres a good chance that was his motivation.

As for Lucrecia, she seems to care about Sephiroth and laments not being able to hold him when he was born. dunno if any compilation stuff contradicts this.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I don't think there can be any doubt he was conceived for the project. Lucretia may have still cared and may have still wanted a baby but I can't imagine she's so thick as not deduce Hojo's motives before marrying him (if indeed he pretended otherwise at any point)

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I don't think there can be any doubt he was conceived for the project. Lucretia may have still cared and may have still wanted a baby but I can't imagine she's so thick as not deduce Hojo's motives before marrying him (if indeed he pretended otherwise at any point)

In other words she sacrificed her own morals and motherly instincts for her own scientific curiosity. It has been shown she was very competitive and would have jumped on board being apart of this. After DOC, Lucrecia very much has shown herself not to be the angel that Vincent tries to portray her as.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Hojo: I offered the woman with my child to professor Gast's Jenova project.

That phrasing implies that the child pre-dated the project, otherwise he'd have said 'I offered to have a child for Professor Gast's Jenova Project.'

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
If FFVII was initially derived from Xenogears do you think Sephiroth has any correlation to maybe Id? Both Id and Seph are ferocious for their adversaries as any decent antagonist should be but Id was an extension of Fei, I wonder how much of them being the same person had any influence on Sephiroth's relationship with Cloud.

Top Bottom