The Lifestream Halloween Fanworks Contest

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
The Lifestream's Halloween Fanworks Contest

269734239_911307.gif

What Is It?

A contest for authors and artists to showcase their craft based upon prompts which will be featured on Halloween.

When's The Deadline?
Final Submissions must be posted in the thread below by October 13th. WE HAVE EXTENDED THE SUBMISSION DATE TO OCTOBER 25TH (please link to the work if possible- fanfiction.net, AO3, deviantart, etc)

When Will The Voting Be?
Voting will commence on October 14th THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO OCTOBER 26TH and the winners in each category will be determined on October 30th.

Who Can Enter The Contest?
Anybody is free to join in!

How Do I Enter?
For Fanfiction, post your story to fanfiction.net or AO3 and post a link to the finished story in the thread below OR post the story directly to the thread in Spoiler Tags.

For Fanart, post your artwork to Deviantart and post a link to the image in the thread below OR Post the image directly in the thread below.

What Are The Prizes?
First place winners in the fanart and fanfiction categories will receive T-Shirts. They will also have their work featured in an article on the front page! All participants will receive a mention in the article as well.

What Fandoms Are Accepted?
This contest will be for any fanwork related to Final Fantasy, not just the Compilation of FF7. Anything in the Final Fantasy umbrella (Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger) are also acceptable.

Are Other Fanworks Accepted?
Unfortunately for this contest, only fanart and fanfiction will be accepted. Poetry can be entered under the fanfiction category however and Cosplay can be entered under the fanart section.

Contest Rules (MUST READ)
1. The fanwork you submit to the contest must be an original piece created based on the prompts above.
2. You may submit more than one entry, but it is not recommended. As each entry will appear in the voting separately, you could split your own vote.
3. You may vote for your own entry.
4. Fanfiction Word Limit: There is no word limit on entries, but remember that brevity is the soul of wit. Exceedingly long entries could turn off potential voters.
5. Fanart Medium Limit: There is no limit to the medium. Pencil, pens, paint, charcoal, cosplay, photography, all are welcome.
6. Legal Mumbo-Jumbo: All fanwork submitted is, of course, the property of their respective creators. The Lifestream.net takes no responsibility for content within nor holds any copyright to anything submitted within the contest.
7. Cheaters Be Warned: Creating dupe accounts is already a strict taboo on the forums, and using dupe accounts to give yourself more votes will be treated as especially heinous. Our staff knows all and sees all. Don't try it.

The Prompts
You may use any or all of these prompts to influence your work. It must be related to at least one of them.

Fanfiction Prompts:

A Halloween Party takes an unexpected dramatic turn. Things aren't so funny when you're no longer the host of your own party.

2. Ghosts are very real, and they want to be your friend. Unfortunately, that requires a rather permanent lifestyle change.

3. There's a killer on the loose and the gang has to figure out who it is and how to stop them. This means teaming up with an unlikely ally.

4. A character is forced to make a Faustian bargain with the Devil. It can be the real deal or a more metaphorical devil.

Fanart Prompts

1. Re-imagine a beloved character as a monster. Ghosts, demons, fiends, or perhaps a different kind of monster altogether.

2. Nothing hurts worse than having a loved one on the other side of the veil. And yet they still watch over us.

3. Sometimes a nightmare is what you make of it. A place can change drastically from the peace of daylight to the shroud to night.

4. There is no more scary place than the insides of our minds. A truly twisted person's brain can create a Hell all their own.

The submission window is now closed! Thank you for your participation and interest!

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Define 'the gang', if you would.

I'm leaving it open to interpretation, since this can involve anything in the Final Fantasy Fandom. It could be the gang of protagonists such as Avalanche, or the gang of Turks, the heroes from FFX, Tantalus from FFIX, etc etc.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Same, though sadly not all of them are suited for this or are the kind of thing I'm good at. I figure we can share unused ideas later or something.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The question of the year. Should I write something, or draw something? Oh God, decisions!:aah:

This looks so fun, I'm going to make myself do something for it!

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Ah, crap.... *scrambles to finish current story so she can try and come up with something for this*

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

I'm leaving it open to interpretation, since this can involve anything in the Final Fantasy Fandom. It could be the gang of protagonists such as Avalanche, or the gang of Turks, the heroes from FFX, Tantalus from FFIX, etc etc.

Yeah, cheers, I was just wondering if it had to be the main leads. I have an idea I've been meaning to do for a while that fits, might or might not go with it.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

Yeah, cheers, I was just wondering if it had to be the main leads. I have an idea I've been meaning to do for a while that fits, might or might not go with it.

Again it doesn't have to be main characters. If you wanted it to be some side characters or hell even OC's is fine. 'the gang' is just a general term here for said group of friends, allies, etc.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Updated, exact details of how to enter. I thought I included those, but I must have missed it:

How Do I Enter?
For Fanfiction, post your story to fanfiction.net or AO3 and post a link to the finished story in the thread below.

For Fanart, post your artwork to Deviantart and post a link to the image in the thread below.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Query: Do we HAVE to post links to FF or DA? Couldn't we post here and spoiler tag it? I ask because, while I have a DA account, I'm more likely to write something and I hardly go to FF.net anymore.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Query: Do we HAVE to post links to FF or DA? Couldn't we post here and spoiler tag it? I ask because, while I have a DA account, I'm more likely to write something and I hardly go to FF.net anymore.

Updated yet again. Yes, that's totally fine if DA / AO3 isn't an option for you. Offered the same option to artists.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I figured if I made fanart I was sufficiently satisfied with to enter, I'd post it directly in the thread since I had a deviantart account about 5 years ago and don't remember and I'm not too enthused about spending a couple hours trying to remember it. So far I just have some weird scribbles and an art program intended for pixel drawings.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Hey Jason, what if those who have an art thread on here just posted in their art thread and had a link to the thread in here, out of curiosity?
I don't have an account on fanfiction.net myself, but I could post it here.
Or I suppose I could post a fanfic on DA too and link it to here?

EDIT: Nevermind, I totally did not notice pretty much the same questions being asked. Sorry. :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
The important thing is that no matter where you post the original, post a link (or the original) here so that I can keep track of all entries.

kchri

Lv. 1 Adventurer
"Feeble" Fan Art Attempt Submission

I am an artist and I used to draw a lot but I haven't found the time lately. After marriage it has been even more difficult to find time :). :kiss: But I have found fun and creative outlets for my visual art abilities during Halloween (I love Halloween; the parties, the dancing, the socializing, horror movie TV programming, etc.). In the case of costumes, the wardrobe is my canvas. I am trying to submit my Cloud Strife costume from 2014 but when I post it states "Rate Limit Reached/Exceeded." Can someone help me? Thanks!

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Rate limit exceeded usually means you've used up all your allotted internet time until your next payment for whatever your plan is using, which means any further use will cost extra. Refreshing usually gets rid of it.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Hur is my entry. I used fanart prompt #4: scary place inside our minds. It's a portrait of Edea/Matron Kramer and the skweeeeevil sorceress who lives inside of her mind, Ulllllltimecia! BUWAHAHAHAHA! :]

ghost_of_me__color_variation__by_thetowerofjoy-d99rgu5.jpg
^ This is the one I'd like to use as my official entry. The original colors are shown in
ghost_of_me__orignal_colors__by_thetowerofjoy-d99rgpl.jpg
and
ghost_of_me__wip__by_thetowerofjoy-d99ggtl.jpg
and
ghost_of_me_unmodified_by_thetowerofjoy-d99yl8f.jpg

Link to DA: Here

I can provide the full size image if it's needed: I've just kept it smallish on DA since I sort of want to make prints. :3

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Ohhhh myyyy Gooood I love that! :excited: It looks super amazing Howl. <3
This competition is getting fierce. Shit is getting real. :wacky:

I have yet to start on anything...... I have to check the prompts again and figure out what I want to do..... :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Howl great work! That's astounding! :D

Top Bottom