Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FFXIII-The Sunleth Waterscape

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Probably Dancing Mad, closely followed by the opera, then maybe Terra's theme from FFVI or The Extreme or Dark Messenger.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Kripes this is hard.

Personal taste? I'd have Draco and Maria as my all-time favorite, only because the Distant Worlds gave me that feeling that I hadn't felt from any other song. 11 minutes of absolutely incredible performance that completely transcended videogame music. The last couple minutes has this feeling of gravitas that I can't shake.

Dancing Mad comes a close second for me, though. Also, there are a hell of a lot of fantastic FFXIV tracks. Say what you will about the game itself but by goddamn were there some fantastic Uematsu pieces.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Damn, so hard to choose only 1 or 2 tracks.

1. Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII. I always tear up a little when I hear it, heh.
2. Terra
3. Tied between Compression of Time and Fight With Seymour.

Last edited:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Kripes this is hard.

Personal taste? I'd have Draco and Maria as my all-time favorite, only because the Distant Worlds gave me that feeling that I hadn't felt from any other song. 11 minutes of absolutely incredible performance that completely transcended videogame music. The last couple minutes has this feeling of gravitas that I can't shake.

Dancing Mad comes a close second for me, though. Also, there are a hell of a lot of fantastic FFXIV tracks. Say what you will about the game itself but by goddamn were there some fantastic Uematsu pieces.

I haven't heard any XIV songs, but I'm sure they're good since Uematsu composed them.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Well, when I opened this thread, I expected to see discussions of songs, like, fully composed music tracks with vocals, not just instrumental theme tracks. Ultimately, which song is "best" is always highly subjective and the choice is dictated by our own emotional links either to the songs themselves, or the games they were written for, or both.

Personally, I still love FFIX's Melodies of Life. The English version, because I have dear memories reading and translating the lyrics, trying to sing along (quite poorly in fact, but does it matter? hahaha), and just finding a deeper meaning in the song overall.

FFX's Suteki Da Ne still makes me tear up, not only because it's a wonderful song, but also because it brings me back to... I don't remember which year, I was a teenager, and my family couldn't afford a PS2 so that I could play the game. I didn't even have a PC at that time. But I had a VHS full of AMVs and music videos that someone had been so kind to record for me. And the VHS had that song, and I was totally entranced by the graphics and the characters and all the emotional scenes.

FFXV's Stand By Me by Florence + the Machine is another personal favourite of mine. I could write long paragraphs about this game, the friendship bonds among the main characters, and the vastness of the semi-open world. And the song, however odd it may have seemed at first, captures the spirit of the game perfectly.

Verena

Pro Adventurer
Well, i like discussing music
My tops
1. Aeris song
2. Suteki da ne
3. Eyes on me
4. Melodies of life
5. 1000 words
6. Kiss me goodbye
7. Terra song

Top Bottom