Custom Synergy Abilities

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
I love the Synergy Abilities introduced by Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. They help you see really sweet interactions between characters, unleashing cool and unique team-attacks on their enemies. And sooo, because I love that concept so much, I've come up with a few fan-made Synergy Abilities of my own. Note that I'm not saying any of these characters will be playable in the Re-trilogy... I just like coming up with unique team attacks for FF7 characters I like.

Here are the one's I've made!

Zack Fair:
Zack Synergy.png

Genesis Rhapsodos:
Genesis Synergy.png

Shelke Rui:
Shelke Synergy.png

If anyone wants to know how I came up with any of these (like the inspiration behind their names or their actions), I would be happy to talk about them! I'd also be really interested to hear if anyone else had any fan-made Synergy Abilities in mind. So please share your ideas!

Last edited:

Sminairo

Rookie Adventurer
Oooh I hadn't thought about synergy abilities for the rest of the compilation, that's cool!

Since his limit breaks are mostly about copying others, my first thought for Zack was combining his version of certain limits with the "originals", so yours are already more creative lmao, though Zack and Aerith praying together would be pretty cute. A synergy between him and Genesis where
they compete for who makes the better apocalipse, alternating between elements and finishing with a huge explosion could be pretty fun too.

I don't have much to say about Shelke because I haven't played dirge, but for Genesis and Cloud I would add Cloud using Finishing Touch at the end, forming a red thunderous hurricane, and maybe having Genesis make it explode.

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
Oooh I hadn't thought about synergy abilities for the rest of the compilation, that's cool!

Since his limit breaks are mostly about copying others, my first thought for Zack was combining his version of certain limits with the "originals", so yours are already more creative lmao, though Zack and Aerith praying together would be pretty cute. A synergy between him and Genesis where
they compete for who makes the better apocalipse, alternating between elements and finishing with a huge explosion could be pretty fun too.

I don't have much to say about Shelke because I haven't played dirge, but for Genesis and Cloud I would add Cloud using Finishing Touch at the end, forming a red thunderous hurricane, and maybe having Genesis make it explode.
Those are really good ideas! Thank you for contributing!

I thought about having Zack’s synergies be variations of his DMW attacks but decided to go another route.

I really like the idea of Zack and Aerith praying together too. I wanted to incorporate their 23 tiny wishes in some way, but settled on the flower wagon idea. Another idea I had was with the Shinra wagon Zack made for Aerith, the one that was confused as a form of military equipment, I thought maybe that could be used.

Zack and Genesis having a bit of competition sounds really in-line with them. I feel like I probably could’ve played on their rivalry a little more, but the one I went with just unifies both of their desires to be a hero.

(You should play/watch Dirge, people hate it but I love it!) That idea for Genesis and Cloud is a great ending for what I had written, I wish I thought of that. Genesis and Cloud interacting in general is something I’d love to see.

Do you have any pairings of your own that you’ve thought of? I wanted to do some unique and really out-there ones (like Angeal and Weiss, or Genesis and idk Barret or someone) but I’m not quite creative enough

Sminairo

Rookie Adventurer
Those are really good ideas! Thank you for contributing!

I thought about having Zack’s synergies be variations of his DMW attacks but decided to go another route.

I really like the idea of Zack and Aerith praying together too. I wanted to incorporate their 23 tiny wishes in some way, but settled on the flower wagon idea. Another idea I had was with the Shinra wagon Zack made for Aerith, the one that was confused as a form of military equipment, I thought maybe that could be used.

Zack and Genesis having a bit of competition sounds really in-line with them. I feel like I probably could’ve played on their rivalry a little more, but the one I went with just unifies both of their desires to be a hero.

(You should play/watch Dirge, people hate it but I love it!) That idea for Genesis and Cloud is a great ending for what I had written, I wish I thought of that. Genesis and Cloud interacting in general is something I’d love to see.

Do you have any pairings of your own that you’ve thought of? I wanted to do some unique and really out-there ones (like Angeal and Weiss, or Genesis and idk Barret or someone) but I’m not quite creative enough
Thanks, I liked your ideas too! I feel like synergy abilities have the potential to show many sides of the characters, in both serious and funny ways, and the cart one would be both really cute and really funny.

I'm glad you liked the ending for Cloud and Genesis ability! Another idea for them would be Cloud seeing a black feather falling behind him, thinking it is from Sephiroth and attacking his enemies in a berserk-like way, while the screen shakes (like when he has memory problems) between sets of attacks. Once Cloud can't take the head ache anymore, Genesis would sweep in and finish the job without Cloud realizing. I tried to go for the potential "hero in the shadows" Genesis might had become.

As for ideas for other characters... the sky is the limit really. I could see one for Tifa and Zangan for example, where the teacher does heavy hitting katas (kinda like the poses he does when he meets Cloud, but more firmly), and between each moves Tifa does a flurry of attacks. The fact that the Turks seems to have the same yellow light that Tifa has on some attacks opens a lot of possibilities for them too (and Angeal and Zack, if we take into account that in Dissidia Angeal has the same shockwave attack Rudes uses).

If you want ideas that are more out there, I could see a synergy between Barret and Angeal (the father figure combo(?)) where the latter throws enemies in the air with uppercuts while the former tries to keep them in the air by shooting at them until Angeal jumps and smashes them into the ground.

Vincent also has a huge potential with his transformations. Without knowing how they'll do the other three (if they do them at all) I'm not sure I can't think of much for them atm, but I could see Yuffie using some ninjutsu on the Galian Beast and different elemental tails appearing on it to make it look like a kitsune.

Or even more crazy (though exclusive to a dissidia setting) would be a three way synergy between Barret, Red and Rinoa, where the first two use their Overfang synergy while Rinoa uses Angelo Cannon. I might draw this someday lmao.

Finally, as for Dirge, I don't have a ps5 so seeing how good Rebirth looks let me in a huge FF7 mood atm, but I want to play and read the other games and novels first, so it will depend on how burn out I am at the end the journey. There's also the fact that while I like Vincent a lot, I don't like shooters at all haha.

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
That would be sick, between Cloud and Genesis. Genesis manipulating Cloud into a rage to essentially fighting for him, by tricking him into thinking Sephiroth is around. Any interaction between those two sounds awesome to me. Maybe Genesis could finish with an Apocalypse circle on the ground, and Cloud using Finishing Touch simultaneously in the center?

I really like all of your other ideas, I didn’t even consider using Zangan. Right now I'm imagining a sort of trio-synergy between Kadaj Loz and Yazoo, maybe some combination of their distinct styles before becoming Sephiroth to finish things off.

Seeing as how Yuffie revealed she had a huge crush on Zack, I’m thinking they could have a cool synergy attack. Maybe Zack distracts the opponent while Yuffie picks their pockets. Kinda referencing their past as treasure hunters in the Crisis Core side quests lol

I love Rinoa’s Angelo Cannon so much lol that’s my favourite move in all of FF8. Super super down for that.

I suck at shooters too. Like, really really bad. If you are gonna play Dirge I recommend keeping auto-aim on and putting it on easy mode lol.. or just watching the cutscenes if you wanna experience the story without the trouble. I really like the game though, it’s very unique.

Sminairo

Rookie Adventurer
That would be sick, between Cloud and Genesis. Genesis manipulating Cloud into a rage to essentially fighting for him, by tricking him into thinking Sephiroth is around. Any interaction between those two sounds awesome to me. Maybe Genesis could finish with an Apocalypse circle on the ground, and Cloud using Finishing Touch simultaneously in the center?

I really like all of your other ideas, I didn’t even consider using Zangan. Right now I'm imagining a sort of trio-synergy between Kadaj Loz and Yazoo, maybe some combination of their distinct styles before becoming Sephiroth to finish things off.

Seeing as how Yuffie revealed she had a huge crush on Zack, I’m thinking they could have a cool synergy attack. Maybe Zack distracts the opponent while Yuffie picks their pockets. Kinda referencing their past as treasure hunters in the Crisis Core side quests lol

I love Rinoa’s Angelo Cannon so much lol that’s my favourite move in all of FF8. Super super down for that.

I suck at shooters too. Like, really really bad. If you are gonna play Dirge I recommend keeping auto-aim on and putting it on easy mode lol.. or just watching the cutscenes if you wanna experience the story without the trouble. I really like the game though, it’s very unique.
Genesis finishing the synergy attack with apocalypse sounds good, but I'll add that Cloud's finishing touch should last longer than apocalypse. That way, as the hurricane disappear, we could se Genesis descending slowly from inside the wind current just before he disappears just as soon as he touches the ground.

My first instinct for Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo was something about drifting with their motorcycles (which would also work for Cloud and Roche), but imagine the three of them touching Jenova's head at the same time and becoming three (relatively) independent Sephiroths for a while. I'm not sure if that would be awesome or WAY to fanservicy lmao.

I like your idea for Yuffie and Zack, I feel like I focus too much in battle and forget about other possible effects haha.

SS2Link

Pro Adventurer
Kadaj Loz and Yazoo doing some combo on their bikes would be sick, maybe utilizing their weird shadow dog creature things in some way. They could come together to be Sephiroth(s), or maybe even take a cue from their Whisper variants and combine into Bahamut Sin? I feel like that could encompass the main villains of Advent Children well.

And yeah lol me too, that’s why all of my synergy attacks on the images I made are all battle-oriented. I forget that there’s just stat boosting ones and such. Zack and Yuffie stealing things together, Zack and Aerith praying together.

Or Kunsel and Zack doing squats together!

Top Bottom