Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i like it when playing a demo gives you some small bonus in the full game (beyond just letting you carry over save data)

they should do that

although i was trying to think back on past demos that and the first one that came to mind was the dissidia duodecim thing that was basically like dlc with a minor prologue, a sample of the game and unlocking aerith as an assist character. but you had to pay for it, and they shouldn't do that

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Do we need a demo? I think it was probably beneficial for Remake, but not sure I see the point in it for Rebirth.
While I'm largely of the same mindset, when looking back on playing the Remake demo, I am reminded that I really liked being able to spend all that time familiarizing myself with the particulars of the combat system and other game mechanics. I expect that with the addition of the new combat mechanics and other upgrades and changes that Rebirth has, being able to de-rust while learning the ropes like that again be really nice, as then diving into the full game will be exceptionally smooth.

That's more on my mind as I ended up poking around in Elden Ring a bit the other day for the first time in a while, and despite having something like... 1500 hours in that game, it's always weird when there're certain parts of your muscle memory that just come back instantly whereas others are ones that you have to work to get back to that same level of proficiency with a bit of practice. (Like for some reason I'd completely forgotten how to two-hand wield a weapon & use the item shortcuts, and literally just had to look it up. Once I did it became natural again really quickly but it still took a bit before I felt like I was around at the same level as I'd been when I last played it).

Demo or no demo, it's still ridiculous how close it is to release and it'll be interesting to see what the Rebirth-centric State of Play has in store.

X :neo:

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
While I'm largely of the same mindset, when looking back on playing the Remake demo, I am reminded that I really liked being able to spend all that time familiarizing myself with the particulars of the combat system and other game mechanics. I expect that with the addition of the new combat mechanics and other upgrades and changes that Rebirth has, being able to de-rust while learning the ropes like that again be really nice, as then diving into the full game will be exceptionally smooth.

That's more on my mind as I ended up poking around in Elden Ring a bit the other day for the first time in a while, and despite having something like... 1500 hours in that game, it's always weird when there're certain parts of your muscle memory that just come back instantly whereas others are ones that you have to work to get back to that same level of proficiency with a bit of practice. (Like for some reason I'd completely forgotten how to two-hand wield a weapon & use the item shortcuts, and literally just had to look it up. Once I did it became natural again really quickly but it still took a bit before I felt like I was around at the same level as I'd been when I last played it).

Demo or no demo, it's still ridiculous how close it is to release and it'll be interesting to see what the Rebirth-centric State of Play has in store.

Funny you should say that about the controls - I picked up Remake for the first time in probably 18 months last week and I'd completely forgotten how to play it haha!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
a set of items like potions and ether, and a ‘kupo charm’ accessory that can increase the resource items you gather (and the ability to skip the demo section in the full game)
Is the Kupo Charm exclusive to the Demo bonuses or can it be obtained during normal gameplay as well?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have only seen the demo description on the psn store, which doesn’t mention anything about it. if i had to guess, based on when previous games had bonus items for preorders or codes from cds/etc. you would be able to get items with the same properties at some point in-game. the bonus items would just let you get them earlier than normal.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Dude, the absolutely BRUTAL layoffs constantly eviscerating the heart of the gaming industry (and a lot of other niches of software work) the last two years has been overwhelmingly gutting and I HATE IT with every fiber of my being.

Speaking as someone who watched MULTIPLE waves of layoffs impact people I worked with across a period of 3 years before finally getting hit by them myself – they are hell to go through for the managers who have to carry them out and those getting laid off, and the people calling for them never experience even a FRACTION of that suffering even IF they feel remorse about doing it.

Alana's two videos on this really reflect my sentiments in a well-collected way:

I just loathe that this is continuing to happen even if it happens for reasons that aren't related to the growth-forever flaws with leaders who don't have any idea of how to recognize what stability means.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The PS5 EULA has some pretty demented things in it.

"To the fullest extent permitted by law, Residents of the Unitd States, countries in North, Central, or South America, Japan, or country/area located in East Asia or Southeast Asia, you hereby waive any rights or expectations of privacy, confidentiality, or publicity for any information in your gameplay or communications via your PS5 system, except as described in the PS5 User's Guide and Privacy Policy for your region"

I'm not in those places, but still, what the hell.

Trying to play FFXVI, and enjoyed it but ran into a game ending glitch, when Charon asks me to pick up some sacks in the hideaway, and the game tells me 'downloading app data; and never progresses. There was a solution online somewhere about clearing the cache and rebuilding the database and then reinstalling, but it didn't work for me. So that didn't go great.

I have remake Part 2 now, because getting it was less effort than avoiding spoilers, but haven't started yet. I'm actually a little dubious going in, Zack is on the cover, and 'Defy your Destiny 'is on the back. I've been defying my destiny in every FF since X, not sure I want to do it again.

Starting to think the PS5 wasn't a good purchase. Ah well.

Reactions: Wol

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Great, PS5 is suddenly having connectivity issues (either super slow or not connecting wifi). Looking about it at the internet, it seems like it's a common problem.

Top Bottom