SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
If Rebirth is any indication, I highly doubt that'll happen. The stuff with those two will likely be handled the same way as Rebirth, maybe even a little more.
How do you see that working? (regarding their reunion) Do you think it will just be one scene in the end like in AC or should they interact together in more than one scene?

Last edited:

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
Do they mean when she's in the chococart or in Corneo's dungeon because he's anything but casual either time. The first time he's worried until she tells him to chill, then he starts getting worried again and goes through all of the wall market bullshit to get close enough to help her, and in Corneo's basement he's dying of shame and wants not to be seen by her in the dress.

He 'stutters' when she catches him looking because yeah, she looks great in it, it's skimpy and he's human and hetero. Like at no point does anyone here argue that Aerith isn't attractive. Just that Cloud is jonesing for Tifa basically always.
They usually mean both cases.

They are also always bringing up those chapter inboxes that state that Cloud's heart skipped a beat when Aerith catched him sneaking away and during the playground date his heart was throbbing when their shoulders barely touched.

I have met many Cleriths who have tried shoving their propaganda down my throat.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Tifa got a romantic date with a kiss at the end, Aerith did not
What I meant is the argument of comparing how Cloud did not react to Tifa's dress but did to Aerith's dress. It is an unfair comparison because Aerith had a whole cutscene. Tifa was in a carriage.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Tifa got a romantic date with a kiss at the end, Aerith did not
Tifa’s kiss was optional though.

And before you tell me that Aerith’s date and Aerith’s dress scene were optional… don’t. Obviously the devs clearly super totally meant for that to be the actual non-negotiable event that happened. Definitely.

Edit: Before any lurkers lose their minds, this is a joke made at the expense of the extreme shippers.

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

And before you tell me that Aerith’s date and Aerith’s dress scene were optional… don’t. Obviously the devs clearly super totally meant for that to be the actual non-negotiable event that happened. Definitely.

Society if in 1997 a certain part of the public had simply accepted the fact that we could play the game with Tifa's route. :awesome:

1714352039353.png

Being a little more serious. Is it just my personal trauma or would everything have been fine if we hadn't questioned people who just wanted to chose Tifa in OG? Like ok in your version it's Aerith, but can I play my game how I want? I just have this feeling at the start Cloti were just normal people who've been gaslighted and just started to counterattack with the years with some of them becoming toxic in return.

We could have just been happy all together with our own versions :sob:

Last edited:

overheat28

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Overheat
I can't for the life of me figure out why CAs would be happy with Aerith's GS date. It is not very flattering for Cloud, tbh, with how it begins.

The whole thing just seems like Aerith trying to convince herself she's ready to move on when she's not. I'm going by the english version but you don't start a date where you've supposedly moved on by invoking the spectre of your supposed ex. That's just bad vibes on any date. "You're not him, and that's ok". Really Aerith? That's one diabolical start to a date if you're the new guy, I must say.

She's setting up a comparison with Zack from the get go. This is not moving on, its desperation. She is very stuck. Kind of like that 30th anniversary monologue.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I agree. But that doesn't equal non-canon. As far as I know, each date is canon. I can find a non optional moment to support Cloud's feelings towards Tifa that Aerith didn't get if that'd be better.

I have no reason to argue against the dress scenes. Cloud saw an attractive girl, ok, now what? Is that supposed to be a highly romantic scene or something? What came of it?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What I meant is the argument of comparing how Cloud did not react to Tifa's dress but did to Aerith's dress. It is an unfair comparison because Aerith had a whole cutscene. Tifa was in a carriage.
Ok, I see what you're saying. I don't think they need to have equal cutscenes to be able to compare though. It's all in the context of the scenes imo.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why do you think she let people die for weeks/months when she could have just invoked a downpour and avoided a lot of misfortune? She could even have saved Cloud from sinking into depression by curing Denzel and Cloud himself.

Real question. Not a petty attack to get the last word. I sincerely wonder.

Plothole?

View attachment 16248

Because when she does this, Kadaj and his brothers are still around. And Sephiroth has not been summoned yet. So she doesn't need to purify them first to heal Geostigma

She wasn't strong enough at the time, I figure. In Lifestream White she saw that Sephiroth was amassing his own power and it wouldn't be too hard to believe that she too was attempting the same thing. And maybe when Cloud forgave himself and moved forward that gave Aerith strength to finally make her move. When Cloud decided to move forward with forgiveness and try, thats when Aerith started doing stuff more and more.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Question --

If ZA have a reunion in part 3, the following may need to be resolved:
-circumstances surrounding Zack's disappearance
-the 89 letters
-aerith's death
-aerith's cetra heritage
-situation with cloud + sephiroth
-aerith's mission
-aerith's feelings towards Cloud
-aerith's feelings towards Zack
-general catching up
-potential romantic "reunion" scene

Seeing as how they have not seen each other for 4 years, would it be too much of an info dump to address it all in one scene?

How do you think the ZA content (both of them actively interacting with each other) should be handled that works with the narrative without compromising character development?

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Question --

-the 89 letters
-aerith's death
-aerith's cetra heritage
-aerith's mission
-general catching up

Seeing as how they have not seen each other for 4 years, would it be too much of an info dump to address it all in one scene? (While also potentially including a romantic scene in the mix)

How do you think the ZA content (both of them actively interacting with each other) should be handled that works with the narrative?

-circumstances surrounding Zack's disappearance : If he's really dead and she's the one bringing him back, she's supposed to know.
-the 89 letters : Perfect introduction speech "thank you for writing me and for waiting all this time" puppy watery eyes
-aerith's death : Again, if he's really dead... he knows for her too. Marlene warned him
-aerith's cetra heritage : Zack don't give a fuck about that. She's just his girl.
-situation with cloud + sephiroth : He had a preview in Rebirth. He knows they have to kick Sephiroth's ass.
-aerith's mission : Same as above
-aerith's feelings towards Cloud : Aerith will clear things up. She tried to move on (why not after 4 years) but couldn't. She loves him.
-aerith's feelings towards Zack : Same as above
-general catching up : I don't see it happening.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Question --

-the 89 letters
-aerith's death
-aerith's cetra heritage
-aerith's mission
-general catching up

Seeing as how they have not seen each other for 4 years, would it be too much of an info dump to address it all in one scene? (While also potentially including a romantic scene in the mix)

How do you think the ZA content (both of them actively interacting with each other) should be handled that works with the narrative?
The letters, feelings towards Zack can easily be done during their initial reunion. I think they'll save the reveal of her death for around the middle of the game. The rest of the stuff can be mixed in before and after that. Again, I imagine they'll spend most of their time together gathering other dead characters to help in the final battle.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
-circumstances surrounding Zack's disappearance : If he's really dead and she's the one bringing him back, she's supposed to know.
-the 89 letters : Perfect introduction speech "thank you for writing me and for waiting all this time" puppy watery eyes
-aerith's death : Again, if he's really dead... he knows for her too. Marlene warned him
-aerith's cetra heritage : Zack don't give a fuck about that. She's just his girl.
-situation with cloud + sephiroth : He had a preview in Rebirth. He knows they have to kick Sephiroth's ass.
-aerith's mission : Same as above
-aerith's feelings towards Cloud : Aerith will clear things up. She tried to move on (why not after 4 years) but couldn't. She loves him.
-aerith's feelings towards Zack : Same as above
-general catching up : I don't see it happening.
How would Aerith know about Zack's disappearance when in Gongaga she was still looking for him. In CC, its implied that she sensed him die. So where would she get the info of the circumstances surrounding his death?

How does Zack know? He told Cloud: "save her"

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
How would Aerith know about Zack's disappearance when in Gongaga she was still looking for him. In CC, its implied that she sensed him die. So where would she get the info of the circumstances surrounding his death?

How does Zack know? He told Cloud: "save her"

Because she's dead and now have access to the Lifestream. So it's just launching a Netflix show for her.

He told Cloud to save her. But if he's dead and he meets her in the Lifestream.... it means she's dead too... so Cloud couldn't save her... so Sephiroth killed her.... like Marlene told him.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I'm happy with the Aerith date because it's a call back to the OG, and includes her iconic line, which was so notable the devs didn't want to change it, and kept it the way it was because it was a memorable scene (from Ultimania) If CAs liked it in OG, they still like it probably. For me you couldn't ruin it it you tried, no matter what.
Aerith's sincere wish to meet Cloud is a genuine one as its brought up again in the sleeping forest, it was well intentioned.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Yeah, that's the tricky thing. Even when we do defeat the bad guy, the writers can always bring them back, so we never know for sure. Even after the release of the og FF7, there was always a chance he'd come back.

And indeed he did. Plus y'know, he kinda died the first time before the OG even started :monster:

That would be interesting. He'd be like the Higher Power of the Corporate Ministry. That would mean there has to be a follow up title to DoC. Has there been any word if that's a possibility?

As far as I know they don't seem interested in progressing past DoC. All the people screaming about the Genesis stuff be damned.

Yeah, those doors are always open. Fictional characters are never truly gone

Some writers are better about at least pretending to shut the door than others.

It happens, no worries.

Indeed, there's a lot of old jokes and references rattling around up in the old noggin. They're bound to bounce awkwardly now and then. Plus I've had multiple concussions, that's always good to excuse this sort of thing.

It definitely drives you insane.

And then we do it again.

I insist we call 18/ Bulma 8 Bul.

8 Bul for the dance, Buluzi if they use Potara.

That's why I suggested it, after all.

The Administrator would love it.

A false positive is safer than a false negative, hence the tendency towards false positives.

Too true.

Ah, yes. Had not twigged to that initially.

It happens, no worries.

Hear their unending screams of joy.

It's the kind of joyous love that Baloonicorns are born from.

Which softlocked the game IIRC.

Sonic is so bored he is breaking you game now.

HEY, REST OF THE INTERNET, LISTEN UP!

If only it were that simple, right?

In my case it feels more like I'm loosening it up so it can bounce off of itself more.

Interesting, I need to experiment with this, maybe loosen the whole biz up mid-line delivery and see what happens.

I accept full responsibility if I somehow blow my own voice out.

Always gotta treat yourself on your special day.

He deserves it, man works hard.

Yeah, this might be DQ5 levels of chill if Aerith lived to the end.

Sadly, it was not to be.

To some extent yeah, it holds for all types.

The LTD seems to bring about more dishonesty than most of course.

I feel like in the last decade or more we must have at some point, but I can't remember when.

I hope so, it's a damn good joke.

Well, we do have "Cloud says he thinks of Aerith as Nakama which proves he thinks of her as more than that because he's obviously lying" thanks to Rebirth now.

...?

How do these people sleep at night?

Heavy is from around Nibelheim.

We need to find out where Red the Red is from and make him live there, methinks. If that's around Nibelheim, score.

Sniper... Corel,

I can see the shack full of piss jars fitting there.

Medic... Mideel ba dum tish,

Maybe so, but we all know wherever he's from we'd find him in Hojo's lab somewhere doing something less than ethical with the specimens.

Demoman is still somehow from Scotland along with Cait Sith,

Can robo-kitty drink, I wonder?

Soldier is from the scrubland between Midgar and Kalm,

Close enough to Mid-West.

Assassin is from [REDACTED] and may former Turk.

With a single click of his disguise kit he could be an active Turk. Hell he could be anyone. He could be you! He could even be... Blam!

Pyro is from Icicle Inn area. Gotota keep folks warm!

Works as well as anywhere, since Pyro is even more mysterious than Spy.

But wait, you forgot the Engineer. That's a practical problem that needs solvin' so... obviously Rocket Town?

Yer doin' fine.

Danke.

Hey, wanna buy a "flower?" First one's only 1 gil.

It would explain the prices she got at the Honeybee Inn back in OG.

"I give up, you were right, Cloti is endgame" might make a difference for them in the long run.

I laughed until I ran out of breath twice. Mind you it's funny both because it's true and also phenomenally unlikely.

Seconded.

That poor kid. Luckily Tifa helps, or it'd just be a downer.

Best of a bad situation and all, yeah.

Pretty good synopsis of the plot really.

Sephiroth would be terrible at therapy.

You're right, admitting you have a problem is step one. He'd probably like the bad guy affirmation though :monster: There's no one I'd rather be than me :reapermon:

Thought so.

:awesome:

They can be a handle, when you have 2 it's a little less so than with 1, but then the trend reverses.

Yeah I've got three kids and three cats, it gets a little exponential sometimes.

Just tanking dragon attacks on the town with nothing but a frying pan a pot lid and the pure intent not to let a single hair on Cloud or Tifa's head get the tiniest bit singed.

I'd play this spinoff. We can even shoehorn in an unnecessary boss fight against Sephiroth at the end.

That's be a fun sitcom for Chris to do. Donald Blake, MD. A pure comedy where he plays a Thor who's forgotten he's Thor and is trying to run a medical practice.

I'd watch it.

I think he thought of it right that second, went YOLO and pulled it right out of his ass because his wife and son were in danger dammit.

Yeah that tracks. I'm still gonna headcanon it actually working being due to him subconsciously learning Yuffie's tricks.

I suspect she had to gather power. Cloud was her first cure, but she was finally ready with a countermeasure.
Ascribe not to malice what can otherwise be explained via incompetence or misfortune.

This may be one of the kindest and most idealistic sounding things I've ever seen you say. Also yeah this basically.

Aerith's big moment resembles Great Gospel, she just had to wait for her limit gauge to fill :monster:

This is amazingly reaching and special pleading to try and reframe the scene in its opposite way.

So... just another day at the office?

For Aerith it's about romance and trying to move forward from Zack. For Cloud it's about consoling her about the loss of Zack. That's the disconnect. They're not on the same page.

Operative word.

Yeah, those are bedroom eyes. That exchange of looks is in the script and is what causes Cloud to smile.

Heh, bedroom eyes. A way to express feelings without words, one might say.

As I said just above, I think it's that Aerith is trying to talk Romance while Cloud is trying to comfort a grieving friend.

She took needed a hug. Cloud is a cool guy, even if he is a massive dork.

I mean there's the lifestream sequence! But yeah 2000 gil to be a hero for one.

I need to read this. They were right to ask, actual time in Cloud's head is so limited.

She did, but it's hilarious because he has zero clue or care about being friendzoned.
"Cloud, I like you, but as a friend."
"Cool, me too."

The healthiest friend zoning I've ever seen. Everyone who gets friend zoned should be so lucky.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The discourse I have seen is because some interpret it romantic because Aerith has moved on from Zack and is finding new love in Cloud. And Cloud returning the romantic gesture by letting her hold his arm/Cloud holding her hand.
There may be no grand scene but in the chocobo carriage scene when you pay attention - and it’s very visible - true Cloud comes out, very mesmerised whatever dress Tifa wears, before his fake persona comes back. All of this you can catch it when you play (I did), and it makes CTs very happy about her dresses reveals. Rewatch the scene and you will see it.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
There may be no grand scene but in the chocobo carriage scene when you pay attention - and it’s very visible - true Cloud comes out, very mesmerised whatever dress Tifa wears, before his fake persona comes back. All of this you can catch it when you play (I did), and it makes CTs very happy about her dresses reveals. Rewatch the scene and you will see it.
Is this the argument about why didn't Cloud have a reaction to Tifas wall market dress? Cause when he sees her he's in a drag, has also been gassed and has woken up to find them all in a dungeon. So I don't think anyone would be like well gotta say you look amazing or gasp when in this situation. That argument was always one of the weirdest ones. How little they care about storytelling for that one to make any sense, and common logic

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Is this the argument about why didn't Cloud have a reaction to Tifas wall market dress? Cause when he sees her he's in a drag, has also been gassed and has woken up to find them all in a dungeon. So I don't think anyone would be like well gotta say you look amazing or gasp when in this situation. That argument was always one of the weirdest ones. How little they care about storytelling for that one to make any sense, and common logic
This too. Honestly there was no grand reveal for CT but the chocobo carriage scene is still very nice, which was enough for us given all the things CT got in Remake 😊

Reactions: LNK

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Even if there is no big reaction moment to Tifa’s dress…

Do we really are playing the « Let’s compare Cloud reactions to the girls in RE: » game ?

Because the result won’t be very fair.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Even if there is no big reaction moment to Tifa’s dress…

Do we really are playing the « Let’s compare Cloud reactions to the girls in RE: » game ?

Because the result won’t be very fair.
There's also death reactions which people love to compare for some reason

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
« Oh my god Cloud is doki doki »

DUH. It’s a fucking 15 years old virgin in a 21 years old body.

As if Aerith wasn’t already gorgeous for any human being.

That’s so dumb.

Not the man would look at Tifa cleavage on the beach right… ?

View attachment 16284

Aaaaand eye contact failed.
And it was a variation of Tifa's theme that was playing in the backround when Cloud got uncomfortable.

He clearly has the hots for Tifa.

Top Bottom