• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII in LBP2 - So Cute ^_^

Lex

Administrator
That's really cool. You can tell a lot of effort went into it. It looks a bit frustrating in places though. The Nibel video was my favourite I think.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
FF7 recreated in LittleBigPlanet 2

This. Is. Amazing. Also, before you ask, SquareEnix actually put this on their Facebook page, which is probably the best PR move they've done in years; recognizing fan talent.

final-fantasy-littlebigplanet.jpg

If you've ever thought what Final Fantasy VII needed was to feature adorable burlap people, we'll have the best news you've read all day.

A full version of the beloved RPG has been made via LittleBigPlanet 2, using only the game's (extensive) tool set.

Here's some footage Jamie Colliver has posted to YouTube of his remake, six months in the making and done entirely in his spare time:

[

To reiterate, the most impressive aspect of this is that everything you see and hear was done with LittleBigPlanet 2's editing and design tools. Even the music was rebuilt from the ground up. It's not just a cosmetic look, either: The tribute reproduces the combat system, all conversations, boss fights, quite literally everything from the entire game is reproduced as accurately as possible.

Our Take: This is one of the most ambitious things we've ever seen in LittleBigPlanet 2. The tools the game gives you are incredibly powerful: Sony has shown them off and even asked game designers to use them to construct games. But the scale and scope here, not to mention the work this must have took, is breathtaking. We hope this stays up, and it highlights the surprising power hiding in a seemingly simple game.

Lex

Administrator
I'm also writing a newspost for this at the moment. I wasn't going to bother/ thought someone else might do it, but we really should. I've started it off, and I'll finish it tonight when I get home.

A mod should merge these threads or something.

Top Bottom