• Alexandria

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well, we are giving Shin-Ra the Sister Ray, which it did not have from the point in time we classified as Shin-Ra's strongest (i.e. pre-Crisis Core). They had the mako cannon, yes, but it's technically not the Sister Ray until it was moved to Midgar and hooked up to the mako reactors.

I've been assuming "at their best" meant giving these factions all the assets they have possessed, at the greatest strength those assets were at a time when they actually were used by the faction in question -- in other words, all their good shit. :monster: So Shin-Ra can have Sephiroth, but no greater than he was when he worked for them. Likewise with Cloud. They also get the Sister Ray.

That seems very unfair. Under that logic Alexandria would include All the after the end game player characters, as well as Brahne, the Black Mages and Kuja.
And for instance Baron would include both Cecil (with both Paladin and Dark Knight powers as he did at the end of After years), High Dragoon Kain and a fully grown up Ceodore as well as Cainazzo, Golbez and his horde of demons and stuff.

I don't think people have been voting under those assumptions so far.

Ghost X

I think Shinra could still easily win without the Sister Ray :awesome:. Take the Shinra No.26 too. Handicap them to an inch of their lives, and I still think it'd be hard for them to lose.

Another point on the Eidelons, I reckon Midgar could withstand several hits from them, at least from Atomos and Odin. Look at the size of Midgar compared to Lindblum and Cleyra. Lindblum was still largely functional after Atomos's hit as well, no? Food for thought.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Looks like Shinra is going to win. On balance, that's probably the correct result. I voted for Alexandria though - it's about time a non-FFVII entity won one of these community poll things. One day :)

Ghost X

I'm not saying Sister Ray can strike anywhere in the world like its on some sort of lazy susan. Presumably in a world where only Shinra Inc and Alexandria exist, it would have the Sister Ray aimed at Alexandria.

I'm not familiar with the compilation, but perhaps Shinra didn't feel it necessary to use the Sister Ray, or didn't have the capacity. Was it fighting for its survival, like it was in the OG? For example, in a real world scenario, the US has nukes, but didn't use them in the long wars of Iraq or Vietnam. However, if the Wutai war was more like the cuban missile crisis where they faced an existential threat, who knows? Plot hole? =p.

Good point about the nukes (although I think the reason the US and the Russians never used their nukes was because of the mutually assured destruction. The US were willing to use their nukes in a war that was effectively already won, against an enemy who couldn't nuke them back.). I didn't think the Junon Cannon was built until after the war with Wutai was won. Or maybe its mere existence was enough to intimidate the Wutaians into surrender? Also - how do we know it was never fired at Wutai?

I'll be honest, I voted Shinra because I want them to win. Sorry.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I honestly don't think either of these is the strongest military force in FF. I believe that title goes to the Federation of Windurst, who has an army of a fuckton of mages, one of which is Shantotto, who is known for being an Insufferable Genius.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, I really didn't see either of these factions making it as far as they did. Still, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the outcome given we are TheLifestream.net. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is late I know, but as for Shinra's use of the Sister Ray in FF7, I always got the impression it was for use against naval fleets. If you look at the world map, it would be very difficult for Wutai to mount an assault on Junon from any other direction. Given the mountain ranges they's have to cross from the East and the relatively small access to Junon from land.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Evil Shantotto and her interdimensional clone army...is the strongest military force in Final Fantasy, period.

Imagine thousands of Shantottos....laughing in unison as they coldly slaughter and destroy everything in their path all for the sake of their twisted Taru Taru master. And those that aren't slaughtered...become a Shantotto as well.

It makes those soulless Black Mages of Alexandria look like adorable, moving plushies. Which....they kinda are, already. >.>

And it makes Shinra Inc look like Enron.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I woulda thunk this would go to Archadia. Take the airship fleets from any of the FMV's and multiply it 13 times, how do any of these guys compete with that?

Jiro

Average Jiro
So, do-over then? :P Nobody seems happy! I think Shinra Inc are assholes enough to launch sneak attacks on everyone while they're busy and wipe them out, so a Shinra win is fine by me!

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Shinra mostly won this because of the rock-paper-scissors nature of the way we did this, not necessarily because they would defeat all of the other entries (they probably wouldn't)

Top Bottom