Jenova's True Form

Chronamut

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Chron
It also might explain the appearance of jenova - as as said I firmly believe jenova probably looked like a battered goddess when it was rescued, without all the weirdness, but when it was connected to the mako tube in her chest it started to evolve on a primitive level - using things from it database of worlds to create weird lavos spaceman like "helpers" to keep it on life support now that it was no longer in cold-induced cryosleep. It's now awake, and needs to keep itself alive, so as parts decay further they get replaced with jenova weirdness - like how one of its eyes is gone - perhaps stabbed by shivas ice or the nights of the rounds lance, so instead it appears elsewhere, as an eye on a nipple - as it can shift its morphology around, and evolve somewhat, like the thing did.

There is also the concept that jenova can take over a host form, but if part of that form is damaged, the "replacement" part if replaces it with might be alien weirdness as it tries to "fill in the blanks" of the missing part with stuff from its genetic database of other worlds creatures.

Also parasite eve had an interesting concept that when the mitochondria "awakened" in the cells they basically took over the nucleus and basically erased the original being and took over - like having 2 beings in you - one asleep and one awake, and when the latter awakes it kills the original being but retains its characteristics - this seems highly likely what happened with the jenova cells in sephiroth - its possible he may have "existed" until being expoed to jenova, and then when he interacted with it the jenova cells awakened in him and started to completely erase him and replace him from the inside out - that or he never was there and sephiroth was an avatar of jenova all along - either way I feel the sephiroth in the lifestream is jenova that has merged sephiroths personality with its own instinctual need to feed and consume and subsume. Jenoviroth, a hybrid being, with the brain and ambition of a human and the alien wtfery for powers and instincts.

Chronamut

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Chron
I think its important to understand in the entire game there are TWO jenovas - the mummified jenova, and the reborn jenova through sephiroth. Thus the arguments of no sephiroth was the dominant power that took over jenova are meaningless - it was jenova as sephiroth taking over its dead previous life version which was still alive on some level which is why it as sephirova or jenoviroth can control it. Sephiroth mastered jenovas abilities yes, because having cells implanted into you in the womb would cause that consciousness to prioritize over and consciousness that was already there - there's no geostigma because that would require an existing consciousness's cells to fight against jenova - there was no struggle thus jenova corrupted the embryo without a fight, either spreading into every cell and waiting until activation, or being sephiroth the entire time.

XZero34

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Zero
I´ve always been intrigued by how it was able to wipe out an entire civilization.
Imagine if there are other life forms like it on the FFVII universe, i know the chance of this happening is very low but maybe explaining or visiting it´s origins in a future game could be really cool.
There is still untapped potential with this franchise.

Top Bottom