Kingdom Hearts IV

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Looking more closely at Sora's current look, he kind of looks much more like Roxas and Ventus now, but in a realistic style.

Reactions: Wol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's Cloud.

You really gotta to get that CC/Zack brainrot checked out. :monster:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Wow...

You got one thing right...I need to check something out, but clearly it's my eyesight. Also this just means that Cloud is in Quadratum! In fact Zack could be too if what we think of as the alternate timeline is actually Quadratum...

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
The image of Cloud being there is really cool, but wasn't this already posted weeks before the 20th Anniversary event?

Also, it got me thinking. Since Kingdom Hearts 4 had a change in the logo since the previous ones was the symbol of the Dark Seeker Saga as Nomura mentioned, would that mean there's a potential change or replacement of the Dearly Beloved track in the new Saga and the game's start menu?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
3snlw40fu6e21.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
When the hell has Nomura ever concealed information in code?

This is some Silent Hill cipher shit you'd try to decode in the Nightmare World formed from your own guilt ridden conscience.

Like, epileptic trees. When Nomura teases things, he teases things within the narrative. He doesn't elaborately encrypt his own messages within a crossword-like puzzle, Riddler style.

I find this extremely dubious. However, the fact it landed on someone's name who actually exists within the franchise is hilarious as hell. I dunno if that's the proper spelling or just romaji of Sigurd, but I suppose we'll see.

There was some serious context missing. So for those unaware like I was before...

The hidden, encoded message was promoted by Nomura and Famitsu for the event. He laid out that there was a hidden message in his own message and "X" was the clue. That's what started it.

So this actually was not out of nowhere or Nomura just randomly hiding lore code in his words. I thought this some deadass Joss Whedon/Lost bullshit and was about to flip :monster:

Anyways, that answers that.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's literally the first time I have ever heard of that.

But bear in mind, this was before the ubiquity of social media and organized teams of fans leaking, sharing and providing play-by-play of exclusive events. So I'm not really surprised.

Anyways, wow. How fun for those who got to go :monster:

It's basically a call back to the very beginnings of KH promotion from 16 years ago. Neat!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I have a theory on who the second cloaked figure is in the KH4 trailer(Besides you-know-who).

It might be Yozora or Luxord's Someday, but I'm going to go for the former.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm prepared to be disappointed reading this. :awesomonster:

EDIT: Yup, and I was! :)

Fans have been very concerned about the lack of Final Fantasy characters in newer entries. Do you still want to dial down on the amount of them in the series, or is Kingdom Hearts IV a chance to bring in more cameos?

I understand there weren't that many Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III. One thing I want to clear up is that a lot of fans are saying that Kingdom Hearts is this collaboration between Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters. But I really feel like that's not the basic concept of Kingdom Hearts; that's not exactly what Kingdom Hearts is.

When we released the first title, we had only a few original Kingdom Hearts characters. When they were interacting with really well-known, beloved Disney characters, I felt nobody really knew these new characters, so it was harder for them to stand their ground just yet. And so, we had a lot of Final Fantasy characters involved to lend a hand for everyone to get to know these [original Kingdom Hearts] characters better.

Now, there are so many original characters from Kingdom Hearts that are so well-loved, and people want to see more of those characters. With Kingdom Hearts III, since we did have so many original Kingdom Hearts characters, it was hard to find room for including more Final Fantasy characters. We're trying to find a good balance for that. I know that some fans were concerned about that and weren't too happy and wanted to see more Final Fantasy characters. That's something we definitely are thinking about. But just with the sheer number of original characters that we have now, it's hard to say what the exact balance is going to be and how it will play out in Kingdom Hearts IV. We can't really give you a firm reply on this just yet.

I'd be more inclined to believe this if even half of the original KH characters actually were developed to a significant degree LMFAO.

Glad to know he essentially used FF characters as a stepping stone though! Oh well. If Nomura can make room among all these characters for "random Disney character moment", what's stopping the same for SE characters? At the end it's simply a choice and just like Nomura chooses to keep thinking people want more Sora and Riku, Kairi's an unimportant tag along, and etc etc, he'll keep choosing to phase out FF and SE characters because he thinks there's no room. LOL whatever.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I'm prepared to be disappointed reading this. :awesomonster:

EDIT: Yup, and I was! :)

I'd be more inclined to believe this if even half of the original KH characters actually were developed to a significant degree LMFAO.

Glad to know he essentially used FF characters as a stepping stone though! Oh well. If Nomura can make room among all these characters for "random Disney character moment", what's stopping the same for SE characters? At the end it's simply a choice and just like Nomura chooses to keep thinking people want more Sora and Riku, Kairi's an unimportant tag along, and etc etc, he'll keep choosing to phase out FF and SE characters because he thinks there's no room. LOL whatever.

Maybe it's due to how the Final Fantasy characters were used. Unlike most Disney characters who are based on the movies, like Mickey, Donald and Goofy who all have multiple alternate-realities and media, those like Leon, Yuffie, Cid, Aerith, Cloud, Tifa, Seifer, Rai, (can't remember the third one's name but I know she was in FFVIII with these two), Vivi, Setzier(sorry for the spelling mistake), Sephiroth and Zack live in the Kingdom Hearts universe very differently compared to their original Final Fantasy worlds and stories outside of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Sure there are exceptions like in the Ivalice games(Not including the non-final fantasy games), World of Final Fantasy, and others, but I guess for Nomura and the team, it's too much of a hassle to make up new ways of how Final Fantasy characters can fit into the story now without their original worlds and story-lines to fit in like Disney does with their movies.

As for Kairi...I think it's more of the case that Nomura doesn't like her as much as the fans do and choose to ignore their requests to give her a bigger role. If I recall correctly, since he started focusing on Xehanort's origins, he regards Sora as an enemy and that's why Sora is tortured with having to repeatedly going back to being level one in many ways possible.

Top Bottom