Most annoying and favorite FFVII characters.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I can name the top most annoying characters of FFVII.

1: Hojo-top of my hatred list in FFVII. Slimly little moron that he is.

2: Hollander-Just makes me wanna cringe, especially his appearence.

3: Yazoo-His personality, passion and voice just annoys me to no end. I'd rather cope with Kadaj and Loz anyday.

4: President ShinRa-he can just make anyone super annoyed, hard to please and just gambling loving old senile idiot. I have no idea what those women who gave birth to Lazard, Rufus and Evan were at first thinking in the first place.

5: Scarlet-Cold, cruel, even towards her own men, and her laughter just annoyed the hell out of me.

6: Heidegger-A fat, old and evil guy who likes to destroy things and hurt any innocent people just for money, ordering people like slaves. I wouldn't be surprise he had plotted a mutiny behind Rufus's back. At least Rufus is smart enough to tell Heidegger to shut his stupid laugh.

7: Jenova-She's just...creepy.

8: Rosso-Twisted.

9: Tviests/Deepground-Weiss and the rest of Deepground are annoying, except for Shelke, I like her.

10: Fuhito-He's quite annoying as well, no idea what made him think that all of humanity is evil the Planet. He should've just killed Rufus's father and destroyed the mako reactors while realise that not all people are bad.

Now, onto my favorite characters of FFVII.

1: Cloud-I just like him so much for being a hero.

2: Zack-He's fun, cute, brave, caring, a bit childish, but always believed in the good and honor. Much better than FFXIII's Snow.

3: Reno-Despite him being Cocky, Cynical, somewhat lazy and can be cold at times, he has a friendly additude, cares for his co-workers and he is so gorgeus, I once at a dream of me and him kissing, and for someone like me who isn't romantic, it was amazing!

4: Yuffie-I adore her because she's adorable for who she is.

5: Aerith-Beautiful, kind, caring, can be brave, and is a strong woman who can be strict at times-I think. She can also be playful.

6: Tseng-I just...like him so much. He has feelings too, just, has to hide them quite alot, but can open up when he has a chance to.

7: Vincent-He's the kind of creepy that I like so much, which is weird. He's one of those guys I just really like.

8: Rude-Silent at times, but when he's just with Reno, he opens up a bit more. I think Reno is the only person who can get this guy to talk a lot.

9: Cissnei-I find her adorable despite her being serious at times, and I like her mother nature, despite being an orphan. Maybe she learned in being so motherly from the Orphanage, or maybe it's because her mother was just like her but died somehow.

10: Marlene-She's just so cute! Okay, I confess, I love children, especially babies. She's just downright adorable.

11: BC Turks-My favorite BC Turks are Shotgun(Freya), Guns(Elena's older sister), Rod(who takes up training with Reno, probably), and Veld, the Director of the Turks and a father-like figure.

I can also cope with other characters who I like but not as much as those I've listed, such as Cid, Nanaki, Reeve, Shelke, Rufus(yes, he's not too bad, one of the villians-turned allies who isn't as evil), and I also like the other BC Turks, including Legend.

RedFFWolf

Donator
For reasons I cannot completely comprehend, the gatekeeper of Cosmo Canyon always makes me lower my brow in disapproval - add in a puff of dismay and frustration, and that's about it

Genesis is irksome. The writer(s) didn't do a very good job with him. He has the potential to be someone more interesting, complex, and even, possibly, sympathetic, since he's the double victim of genetic engineering and an incurable degenerative disease - but he's such a daft caricature I just can't take him seriously. His obsession with "Loveless" is a really good example of whatever that trope is in which the character is entirely defined by one quirk.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Never liked Hojo, of course. Baffled by the fan clubs out there for him....
And most of the other Shinra execs, except for Reeve, who I do like.
I like Rufus after the events of the original game, but in the og, he's a snot.
Genesis, well... I don't hate him, but I don't like him a whole lot either. Like Licorice said he had potential for sympathy, but all in all he came across as too "If I die, I'll take the world with me" for me to sympathize. Instead of asking his friends for help in a nice way, he goes all crazy/evil and ends up killing thousands of people and doing a ton of shit that makes it hard to forgive him. No idea why the Planet was so nice to him.

I have too many faves to count in this game, but I can list a few. :awesome:

Sephiroth is my favorite, if you could call it that, but I prefer him in CC than anywhere else. I like the human Sephiroth much more than the other ones.
Love Zack too.
And Angeal.... except when he acts like an idiot and is in self-hatred mode.
Also, Cloud of course.
I do like Tifa and Aerith, but probably Tifa more.
And Vincent....
And the Turks....

I'm trying to not go into hardly any detail for these guys, because if I do, it becomes a novel. :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Genesis, Lucretia, Loz, Angeal, Nero and Weiss were all pretty annoying. In the original game my biggest complaints were with Cait Sith.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I don't really get annoyed with characters anymore, more narratives. Last one I remember hating was Faile from the Wheel of Time because I consider her an abusive partner.

But, the BC Turks annoyed me a bit. In the early game, they were justifying themselves with 'greater good' type justifications whenever things got uncomfortable, but the instant anything they had to do anything that they had to suffer consequences of personally, they abandoned that attitude immediately with little hesitation. Veld doesn't hesitate for a moment in abandoning the company to save his daughter (the leader of a terrorist group bent on omnicide), and the rest of the crew follows along when circumstances conflict. Elena is worth handing over the materia for. It's wrong to compromise a mission to save a random soldier. but not to save Tseng.

'Greater good' was only a valid justification when other people suffered the consequences of their decisions. Now, that might be a realistic depiction of an intelligence agency, but it didn't endear them to me.

Sephiroth impressed me in the game by being such a physical presence. When he makes speeches, they serve a purpose. He doesn't brag about his power the way Kuja would, he shows it by cutting a dragon in half and nailing a Zolom to a tree. And he manages to be impossibly badass by neglecting to make a final evil speech -I can't think of another villain capable of speech that doesn't take that opportunity.

Reeve: An executive who clings to his power despite being the only one with no force backing him up. Puts his life on the line while completely in Heidegger's power to save Midgar, visibly demonstrates that he cares for his underlings in Dirge.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
On the least favorite side...

Palmer and his lard obsession.

Hojo... because the guy is fucking creepy as all hell. Although that does make him an interesting, if not particularly likeable character.

Heidegger
, for his horse laugh and lack of fashion sense. Not to mention his habit of beating up on nameless Shinra grunts whenever he's pissed off.

Cait Sith... because while he did a number of important things story-wise, he was fucking annoying.

On the favorites side...

Reno... and the other OG Turks. Not a fan of the BC Turks, but Tseng, Rude, and Elena are awesome. Reno's always been my favorite, though. I like that they're not really good... but they're not completely irredeemably evil, either. Gray areas make things more interesting.

Sephiroth, because as a villain he really stands out as just downright evil. And crazy in a really disturbing, creepy way. But he's not completely impossible to empathize with.

Marlene... because who doesn't like a four year old that can handle running a bar while all the grownups are out blowing shit up? ;) I don't know... I like that she's a lot more mature than she has any right being at that age. Gets kidnapped by Shinra and she's just like "Oh, hey Flower Lady! 'Sup!?".

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I hated Yuffie ever since that bitch stole my materia. xD I rely so much on materia, that having it taken from me forced me to use my items...ITEMS! This game is so easy, that should have never been necessary. Bah!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I try to like Yuffie... I convince myself that I like Yuffie... But the things she says. Everything she says. She's a complex character, but all her really interesting development is provided by Godo. Whenever she opens her mouth, I sigh and shake my head. So annoying.

Top Bottom