Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Part 3 Speculation:

One thing I wonder about is who will be present during the reveal at the Northern Cave. In the OG, you get to choose and then Sephiroth disguised as Tifa will tell whomever Cloud decides to give the Black Materia to bring it. I wonder if they’ll force a specific party this time. It’ll either be Cloud and Tifa alone but I get the feeling they’ll make Barret be present too this time around, non-optional. Simply because aside from Tifa and Aerith, he’s the other one that is more or less “suspicious” (lack of a better word) of Cloud.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Gongaga + ending spoilers:

I rewatched those scenes at 0.25 speed to catch all the little details. I won't repost the screenshot with 7th Heaven since it's just up there and I agree it has to be because of the flower, but:

Ch9_Nib_entrance_01.png ch9_Stargazer_Heights_01.pngch14_Tifa house_bridge_01.png

As you can see, the Nibelheim entrace is right there in the Gongaga scene (the first pic). In the last pic, which is from chapter 14, it's way more difficult to tell what the hell is going on: there is a place in the middle, but it doesn't look lik it's the Nibelheim entrance. It's also connected to the bridhe for some reason.
And the second pic in the middle, you can see Stargazer Heights in chapter 9, between the water tower and the bridge: to me it shows the connection of the scene of Cloud remembering the promise between the place he made it and the place he actually already did it. So I feel pretty sure that the scene it represents is the one at the end of chapter 4 of REMAKE when they have that little convo about the promise.

As for the chapter 14 picture... someone said on Twitter that the Black Whispers were corrupting Nibelheim, which may be true (they made it even more obvious than the Midgar changes in REMAKE). I posted their threads here I think? I can reshare if needed, it was interesting. What's interesting to me is that the shape of those two Lifestreams scenes are different and the second one looks maybe more like Cloud's memories. On the far left we can guess that maybe there is a building there and I wonder if it's 7th Heaven, as it was in Tifa's memories. I say that because of the very straight lines under the rocks, that don't look much well... rocky so to me there is a structure there that is hidden.

Then you get Tifa's house, followed on the right by an empty area: is it the town entrance or the water promise? It doesn't look so, it looks empty to me, just like in the OG there was an empty space. Then, the bridge. And I do wonder if the entrance of Nibelheim, which in Tifa's case would represent her hopes of reuniting with Cloud again, is supposed to be the beginning of the Nibelheim incident for Cloud... which would be scary if it was missing? We are not seeing the whole scene, that much is certain, but it does feel ominous and wrong.

So to me, maybe the Black Whispers are corrupting the Lifestream... but it also does look like they are trying to destroy Cloud's memories, to prevent him from ever coming back from his mako poisoned self. Now what if Tifa has to spell out memories to help him rebuild his own memories? Like she tells her version and he tells his version; a bit like what they did in Nibelheim in REBIRTH.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Gongaga + ending spoilers:

I rewatched those scenes at 0.25 speed to catch all the little details. I won't repost the screenshot with 7th Heaven since it's just up there and I agree it has to be because of the flower, but:

View attachment 15317 View attachment 15318View attachment 15319

As you can see, the Nibelheim entrace is right there in the Gongaga scene (the first pic). In the last pic, which is from chapter 14, it's way more difficult to tell what the hell is going on: there is a place in the middle, but it doesn't look lik it's the Nibelheim entrance. It's also connected to the bridhe for some reason.
And the second pic in the middle, you can see Stargazer Heights in chapter 9, between the water tower and the bridge: to me it shows the connection of the scene of Cloud remembering the promise between the place he made it and the place he actually already did it. So I feel pretty sure that the scene it represents is the one at the end of chapter 4 of REMAKE when they have that little convo about the promise.

As for the chapter 14 picture... someone said on Twitter that the Black Whispers were corrupting Nibelheim, which may be true (they made it even more obvious than the Midgar changes in REMAKE). I posted their threads here I think? I can reshare if needed, it was interesting. What's interesting to me is that the shape of those two Lifestreams scenes are different and the second one looks maybe more like Cloud's memories. On the far left we can guess that maybe there is a building there and I wonder if it's 7th Heaven, as it was in Tifa's memories. I say that because of the very straight lines under the rocks, that don't look much well... rocky so to me there is a structure there that is hidden.

Then you get Tifa's house, followed on the right by an empty area: is it the town entrance or the water promise? It doesn't look so, it looks empty to me, just like in the OG there was an empty space. Then, the bridge. And I do wonder if the entrance of Nibelheim, which in Tifa's case would represent her hopes of reuniting with Cloud again, is supposed to be the beginning of the Nibelheim incident for Cloud... which would be scary if it was missing? We are not seeing the whole scene, that much is certain, but it does feel ominous and wrong.

So to me, maybe the Black Whispers are corrupting the Lifestream... but it also does look like they are trying to destroy Cloud's memories, to prevent him from ever coming back from his mako poisoned self. Now what if Tifa has to spell out memories to help him rebuild his own memories? Like she tells her version and he tells his version; a bit like what they did in Nibelheim in REBIRTH.

Yes I feel like this is the case. Clouds memories may end up getting destroyed but Clouds love for Tifa always remained which allows him to come back and be rebuilt....

It's almost like their memories are soul bonded here.... can 'reunion' also mean the reunion of both their memories intertwined now...

you brought up a fascinating point about what the corruption of their memories could be and if it could really be the destruction of them that would be very interesting to think about

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
My first post...I think I had an account here years ago but only lurked and it's lost in the ether now. I hope I'm doing this right.

After ToTP, I think the only thing we don't know for sure is why Cloud and Tifa stopped hanging out when they were kids before Tifa's mom died, right? So I think that's something that will have to be answered as well (probably related to the aforementioned Remake flashback.)

I honestly just thought that was saying Cloud and Tifa were friends as children (like really young children) but then Cloud gained an awareness of his crush and got awkward and stopped hanging out with her lol. But maybe it's something more than that and will actually be explained in Part 3.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
My first post...I think I had an account here years ago but only lurked and it's lost in the ether now. I hope I'm doing this right.

I honestly just thought that was saying Cloud and Tifa were friends as children (like really young children) but then Cloud gained an awareness of his crush and got awkward and stopped hanging out with her lol. But maybe it's something more than that and will actually be explained in Part 3.
I think it was that, but also he was feeling jealous of the other boys she was friends with as well.

Also, welcome!

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer

Hi, welcome!

Yeah, I think that's the general assumption, and probably right based on how Cloud reacts when Tifa brings up Emilio in the present in ToTP and in Rebirth. It's just the only part of their childhood we don't have explicit confirmation for since we only have Tifa's POV of that time, and she has no idea why. (But she is also notoriously clueless about Cloud's feelings for her, lmao. Bless their hearts, they're both so dumb.).

Re: Gongaga/Ending spoilers (kinda)
All this Reunion Flower talk reminded me of the Remake digest that's included with Rebirth. It's ostensibly condensing the entire story of Remake into a 5 minute video, but made sure to remind you that the yellow flower symbolizes reunion and that Cloud gives the flower to Tifa.

Right after he gives her the flower, over the fade to black: "And thus was destiny set in motion."

Reunion means a lot of different things in FF7, and even the yellow flower itself has very Zerith-y implications as well, but I think the ReTrilogy is making it quite explicit how much the story of FF7 hinges on the reunion of Cloud and Tifa, both the "false" reunion at the beginning of the game/right before the game starts, as well as their true reunion after the Lifestream.

As to what this all means for the Lifestream sequence in Part 3, I have absolutely no idea, lmao. But Tifa's Lifestream scene in Gongaga was already the perfect marriage of the intimate and the epic -- the Whispers fighting over the fate of the planet leading Tifa to her precious memories with Cloud -- so I'm sure the sequence in Part 3 will do the same just on a larger scale.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
1712917534668.png

ULTIMANIA OMG~
TRANSLATION ACCORDIN TO GOOGLE:

When I saw "LOVELESS" in which Jessie was supposed to star at the theater. I couldn't help but tear up at the sight of her when she was still alive. Inside the Gondola Cloud and I look up at each other up close and I try to restrain myself from getting carried away by the atmosphere but then Cloud reaches out to me...

aooohh my cloti heaart ~

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I have to just drop a small UTH prediction for Part 3 of Re-Trilogy...

Maybe Tifa will invite him to a "tea party" since he never accepted her offers as children? At least that way they can use a picnic blanket instead of lying on the grass/rocks :D

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Part 3 UTH prediction/discussion

A part of me feels that location will change completely. I think it might actually just occur ON the Highwind.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm hoping they won't lol. Doing it in haye, yikes, sounds romantic, isn't much tbh xD Also there is a big crew in this airship, as Cloud stated in Rebirth so uh I'd rather not xD

I wonder if the location will remain the same too. Because it seems unlikely that they can land easily near Midgar? I'm thinking of how it was made in Rebirth and I'm doubtful, since Nomura mentioned that normally this ship needs a big flat space to be able to land.

What I truly want is to see them a bit during this week where they are alone, things like going to important locations to them maybe like Aerith's burial lake, the place where Zack died and Nibelheim? Then probably arrive at the rallying point a day before the others and do the deed lol.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm hoping they won't lol. Doing it in haye, yikes, sounds romantic, isn't much tbh xD Also there is a big crew in this airship, as Cloud stated in Rebirth so uh I'd rather not xD

I wonder if the location will remain the same too. Because it seems unlikely that they can land easily near Midgar? I'm thinking of how it was made in Rebirth and I'm doubtful, since Nomura mentioned that normally this ship needs a big flat space to be able to land.

What I truly want is to see them a bit during this week where they are alone, things like going to important locations to them maybe like Aerith's burial lake, the place where Zack died and Nibelheim? Then probably arrive at the rallying point a day before the others and do the deed lol.
Yeah, I think it would be neat for them to lengthen the timeframe and have Cloud and Tifa spend some days together.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I think Katou actually left the company and he wrote both the Highwind and Lifestream scenes. I’m positive Nojima will come up with something different.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think I saw ShinraArch tweet that Nojima came up with the twist in the Lifestream scene - imho the whole Nibelheim incident is his. For the rest, it will be changed,
first because Tifa already saw the memory of Cloud trying to help her at the bridge, and second because of all the black Whispers above Cloud's memories in the Lifestream which means that certainly Sephiroth is preparing something.

They're definitely on their way to make it way moreeeeeee of something, but I hope they'll keep it fightless.

Edit forgot the spoilers sorry 😔

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
They're definitely on their way to make it way moreeeeeee of something, but I hope they'll keep it fightless.

If they keep the same logic as Rebirth

The fights will be more for cinematic purpose than real gameplay because from what we saw, fights in Lifestream/Cloud mind didn't have health bar or even ATB possibilities.So i'm ok with that.

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
If they keep the same logic as Rebirth

The fights will be more for cinematic purpose than real gameplay because from what we saw, fights in Lifestream/Cloud mind didn't have health bar or even ATB possibilities.So i'm ok with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Tifa/Sephiroth encounter in the Lifestream since he seems to be a lot more gung-ho about getting her in Re-Trilogy. I've always wanted Tifa to get her shot at Sephiroth in a one-on-one way because she's lost almost as much as Cloud has to him (obviously she isn't taunted by him to the same degree).

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I have to just drop a small UTH prediction for Part 3 of Re-Trilogy...

Maybe Tifa will invite him to a "tea party" since he never accepted her offers as children? At least that way they can use a picnic blanket instead of lying on the grass/rocks :D
They've already referenced this in Ever Crisis, as it turns out. The recent easter event has Cloud get a prediction from Cait Sith that says he will find happiness by the twin white lighthouses. Meanwhile, Tifa -wearing a bunny outfit - asks Cloud to help her with a Tea Party and while he's reluctant to join in he does help her and in the end decides to attend. The "punchline" such as it is is that the twin lighthouses are actually Tifa's bunny ears.

nepheneethedestroyer

Lv. 25 Adventurer
They've already referenced this in Ever Crisis, as it turns out. The recent easter event has Cloud get a prediction from Cait Sith that says he will find happiness by the twin white lighthouses. Meanwhile, Tifa -wearing a bunny outfit - asks Cloud to help her with a Tea Party and while he's reluctant to join in he does help her and in the end decides to attend. The "punchline" such as it is is that the twin lighthouses are actually Tifa's bunny ears.

I'm not sure if this is selling me on playing Ever Crisis or not, LOL. That's a sweet moment, though. Maybe I'll be able to find it on Youtube.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure if this is selling me on playing Ever Crisis or not, LOL. That's a sweet moment, though. Maybe I'll be able to find it on Youtube.

I have a hard time getting into Ever Crisis. It’s not even the gacha, although that’s part of it I just can’t get into the gameplay. But I’m glad some of these will be archived via YouTube for me to check out.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Top Bottom