Final Fantasy XVI

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i mean more that i don't want to look stuff up in case i get spoiled.

i didn't want to look up the english name for 原初の楔, the spell ultima casts after the bahamut battle because i didn't want to happen across any later events in the story

i think this is the first time i ever wondered if they would keep a random japanese name in an ff game, i don't know why.

and unrelated, but where's the water dominant/summon. what's up with that

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

i didn't want to look up the english name for 原初の楔, the spell ultima casts after the bahamut battle because i didn't want to happen across any later events in the story

i think this is the first time i ever wondered if they would keep a random japanese name in an ff game, i don't know why.

Leviathan gets mentioned in passing once later on as "Leviathan the Lost" and that's the only acknowledgement of it. Even after that, it doesn't get a listing or even a mention anywhere into the Lore stuff at all. There is at least one entry in a book lying around that talks about a sea monster appearing as a moving island, as well as a massive wave frozen past the north coast of Sanbreque in the direction of Drake's Eye. Along with how the game still states that it changes the element of the spell you cast when you change Eikons but that having no impact on the gameplay whatsoever, I assume that whatever section of the game dealt with elemental weaknesses was going to be covered with Leviathan & the Water Dominant (you know, given that you're one of the two Fire Dominants), but that since it was a part of the elemental stuff that got scrapped and didn't have time to be repurposed, it just got cut out and then lampshaded with that single quote.

X :neo:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
A reckoning is upon you...

A War of the EIKON
Redid the major fights to take some shots, Part 1. :monster:

FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230710222622.jpg
FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230710222933.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230710223553.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230708140357.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230708140838.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230711214558.jpg
FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230711214936.jpg
FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230711215159.jpg
FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230711215515.jpg
FINAL FANTASY XVI_20230711215559.jpg

Just mindblowingly fantastic. They really need to include an Eikon Arena mode.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

they call it Primogenesis.

Fangu

Great Old One
I haven't been able to play this myself due to health reasons but my boyfriend is playing it and I've watched pretty much everything. We're about 10-15 hours in and so far I'm... kinda underwhelmed.

There's a good deal of fun FF nostalgia in it, the soundtrack is AWESOME but so far I'm not really feeling not!Geralt and his story. That being said, there's a way to go so I'm hoping it'll improve.

What I do like about it besides the soundtrack is the pretty fun take on JP game dev doing medieval ish RPG. I guess the Geralt voice was deliberate sooo... jokes probably on me. But yeah I have a feeling being bilingual in English and Japanese would have added some cultural context to this that would have made it tons more enjoyable. Then again maybe not. I'll reread the spoilers when we're done.

(Also - watching instead of playing absolutely affects my opinion, no doubt. But still.)

(Also 2... I just don't like grey games. I'm a sucker for lush colour pallettes.)

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I haven't been able to play this myself due to health reasons but my boyfriend is playing it and I've watched pretty much everything. We're about 10-15 hours in and so far I'm... kinda underwhelmed.

There's a good deal of fun FF nostalgia in it, the soundtrack is AWESOME but so far I'm not really feeling not!Geralt and his story. That being said, there's a way to go so I'm hoping it'll improve.

What I do like about it besides the soundtrack is the pretty fun take on JP game dev doing medieval ish RPG. I guess the Geralt voice was deliberate sooo... jokes probably on me. But yeah I have a feeling being bilingual in English and Japanese would have added some cultural context to this that would have made it tons more enjoyable. Then again maybe not. I'll reread the spoilers when we're done.

(Also - watching instead of playing absolutely affects my opinion, no doubt. But still.)

(Also 2... I just don't like grey games. I'm a sucker for lush colour pallettes.)
I'm curious what point in the story you're at as I watched through the whole game before playing it myself and it took me a WHILE to feel genuinely invested in the story enough to want to keep going through it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's called "Here be monsters"
Ah, ok! I think that it still took me a bit before I really felt properly hooked into things, but I think that the next few chapters have some of the stuff that give a bit of a better hook. Also, WAY later in the game when you end up going to the continent of Ash is where I ended up hearing all of my favourite music in the game, so there's also that to look forward to.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Video comparison of similar thematic elements between 15 and 16. Spoilers for both.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
@Lulcielid FWIW I consider the title of that video a spoiler.

Not looking for a conversation on what is or isn't a spoiler tho so I'm just gonna stay away from this thread until we've finished the game.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
edited the reddit post out because apparently it isnt real

:monster:

-------------------

@X-SOLDIER

Wow I would never expect that NPC to meet such a sad outcome. He definitely stood out with his 5-minute monologues about his grand aspirations. Great find

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL that's not exactly real. Cid never mentioned a "dog" in FFVII. :monster:

Ultima's trying to gaslight us here.

Reactions: Wol

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
So I have been at the 97% point for more than a week and I've been putting off finishing it because

a) I figured the next time I touched it, it was gonna be the end, and I'll finally have a full picture of my final thoughts on the game.

b) I kinda resolved myself at being [underwhelmed? whelmed???] at around the 80% mark and the rest has been fueled by sunk cost copium.

The story feels like a poorly told video game adaptation of a long, epic novel. Big plot points feel very rushed, don't have adequate set up, and huge climactic parts feel unearned. Shit just doesn't have time to breathe. It's a story with a lot going on, and the pacing is a nightmare. I actually think it is very cool and interesting in the broad sense... it's just. Very poor presentation, really haphazard and unnatural feeling plot sequencing with strange momentum.

I saw Jason Schreier get chewed out for his take that it devolves to magical BS. I don't agree with his description, but I completely understand with what he's getting at. There are many moments where the plot feels like it needs to catch up with itself. While it doesn't necessarily drop anything, things kinda get wrapped up weirdly so as to move along to the next thing. It's like the story knows it needs to get to a point, but the ways it does aren't necessarily the most impactful, and sometimes don't make the most sense.

I am a big kaiju lover tho, and it really delivers on kaiju shit. Those parts are bombastic and cool. But that's like the flip side to this game where, for everything I think it really delivers on, there is something that is much more important to the sum-of-its-parts package which makes it very limp. Mainly, as I said, weird plot pacing/set up and the ease of combat (I will get back to this) don't exactly justify the crescendo these moments are meant to be taken as. They are very cool on their own tho, so your mileage may vary.

I think most of the main cast are likeable... but unfortunately almost all of them are very, VERY blatant Frankensteins of a bunch of Game of Thrones characters. Except the GoT characters are way more interesting and well developed. I feel like the devs would have some really terrible takes if I were to engage them in a conversation about them (I would not want to). Since the FFXVI characters get so little screen time, there are huge chunks of dialogue that feel like a series of grand JRPG platitudes and GoT references. Seriously, this game sucks off GRRM more than freaking Elden Ring, and he actually worked on that. I just found it very distracting as it kept happening. I had trouble feeling particularly attached to anyone because of this, and everything else I've said thus far.

The villains were fun tho and it feels like a long ass time that the series has given us a brand new entourage of fun evil people. Without breaking them down individually, I do think they also unfortunately suffer from the weird ass pacing/plotting + lack of screen time selling them short.

I will say - the story is complete and perfectly comprehensible. There is a big lore compendium ala FF13, but you don't necessarily need it to follow what's going on. There is room for DLC, but it isn't like 15 where even with DLC the story feels incomplete. I feel like I shouldn't be praising the game for this, but I guess this is where we're at. The end gives some wiggle room for stuff, but it is the end.

I'm just... not going to really comment on the diversity aspect too much because... well, I made a bunch of MGTOW jokes when I first started the game and I stand by them tbqh. It gets better thanks to side quest and NPC stories, but not much in the main plot. The interview about no black people in ~*~*dark fantasy*~*~ Europe was really just a warning sign as to what the dev's fluency in the genre is like. Like, I don't know what to say other than the way it handles the central women characters is awful. I'm sure there are a million thinkpieces on this already so I'm not gonna go on about it too much. There's a gay character, so I guess that's a win for diversity I guess. He's cool but the my issues with him is related to what I already explained in my previous paragraphs :monster:

I honestly thought the side quests were better written than the main plot tbh. I had more of a connection to some NPCs than characters who were more at the forefront of the plot. The game almost blurs the line between NPC and core cast - which is cool! Though I think there's still a pretty clear delineation. Narratively, my favourite bits were going around the world and seeing the little stories within it. The problem here is the gameplay loop that I commented on in previous posts. While many of the side quest stories were lovely on their own, I don't think the game design served them all that well. I'll try my best to explain.

The game overall has a very poor reward structure. I'm using the term reward interchangeably in two ways: the sense of accomplishment you get from overcoming an obstacle, and material in game rewards. One of the reasons this is because the combat is just so easy. The combat is awesome but does not challenge you. The times it does are very few and far between, and mainly in the final hours. There is also no exploring. There are chests but there's nothing very worthwhile it in any of them. Optional hunts maybe make you explore a bit, but it's not like through a dungeon or anything, it's just a particular spot on an open field. For many you will likely stumble on them accidentally. The layout of the map makes it pretty obvious where they are as well. The sidequests are straight lines off the main path, which is in itself completely linear. There are no puzzles to figure out. There is nothing that your knowledge of the plot/paying attention to detail that will help you progress the side quests. The only engagement is listening/reading dialogue in between running back and forth between quest markers. You do this for hours at a time. This high tempo action game legitimately becomes a visual novel between action segments, and the visual novel is like anime filler arcs of varying quality. At first it's not so bad, but the whiplash becomes increasingly intense as the game progresses. The only way that these side quests are rewarding is through getting invested in the NPC stories. It's the only point in doing them because most of the material rewards are nothing (i'm sure there are lists out there that tell you which ones are worthwhile). Reading that back, it sounds hyperbolic and mean, but I really am not trying to be. The game almost forces you to care about NPCs because otherwise wtf is the point.

I think I already voiced my complaints about gameplay, but yeah. It's way easy. Hard mode is locked behind NG+. My first playthrough clocked in at 55ish hours. It's kinda insulting and feels like it's actively trying to waste my time. Some of the S rank hunts were challenging, and those parts were fun. There are only like, 5 or 6 of them. Most of them were only a challenge because I intentionally did them as under leveled as the game would allow. Some of the end game bosses were fun. I guess you can give yourself some arbitrary self-impositions, like no using potions for example, to pretend like there are at least some consequences to your decisions. Idk what else to say here. I understand the philosophy behind these choices, but imo it's still such a glaring fuck up.

Monster design is excellent. I really liked the design iterations of the recurring creatures - enemies, bosses, and summons. This is a big stand out I think. Combat mostly shines when you're fighting hoards, where you can chain cool combos. This doesn't translate to the bosses too well. A vast of majority of the bosses feel sluggish in their movement, and their move sets are very easily telegraphed. There is a rhythmic, almost turn based tempo to boss fights that's kinda neat at first, but gets repetitive for an action focused game. Since the difficulty scaling is so gentle, you fight a lot of variations of the same enemy type, who often gains a more complex moveset as you progress. Honestly I think a lot of problems would be solved if enemy movement speed was increased just a bit across the board.

I think the point I'm getting at is that, in the entire 50+ hours experience, it seemed like there were only a handful of moments of while playing where I felt I was actively using my brain to engage in any of the gameplay elements - combat or otherwise.

The environments are graphically pretty, but honestly not super memorable. They do feel lived in and homely with how much you engage with the NPCs. There are times when the art design really pops off, but the lack of the level design/exploration really undersells the beauty of those environments. Unfortunately a lot of the game is wandering around in pretty generic looking areas (a forest, a different forest, a dark forest, multiple rickety wooden peasant towns, a desert...) This really didn't feel like a PS5 game to me, apart from really pretty graphics and an abundance of particle effects (which are way overdone imo), and I guess the length. Not that it's super important, I just think that I have played PS4 games that felt more impressive despite being "previous gen." The graphics/use of the PS5 isn't that big a deal for me tho, since I already owned a PS5 - I didn't buy one especially to play this. The amount of somewhat generic looking areas is a big bummer tho. There is an identity to the world but I don't think it showed itself off enough. Or maybe it just didn't stand out from its influences too much to me, idk.

I haven't given a dedicated listen to much of the soundtrack. The boss music slaps. I liked the ending song too. I can't remember a whole lot else off the top of my head. I don't know if the music is a series high, but I'm sure there's more good stuff on there.

Final thoughts that are less organized:

I don't really see what you can get out of playing this game that you won't get out of watching a no commentary let's play. The $90 saving might honestly be worth it with this one.

I think I may have felt more invested in the story if I was more motivated by being horny, because there are characters that have a lot surface level sexy/charm/cool appeal even if the story didn't really allow me to have much of an emotional connection to them.

There is a part of me that wonders if I would have responded to this game more if I was younger - when I was more likely to obsess over pretty people with artful angst and smooth skin who do dynamic poses amongst crazy action set pieces. Idk, I think I still get that feeling from stuff. This didn't do it for me. At least, not when a monster wasn't on screen... :wacky:

I'm just gonna put this here. I felt the impact of the ending was lost on me because I felt so much more emotion and personal connection with characters like Gav, or Byron, or a bunch of rando NPCs than the people that are supposed to be dearly important to Clive. It's unfortunate because I can see what they were going for (the world believes in Clive etc) but idk if it really landed. and I love being sad!

As far as a Final Fantasy title goes, it is the best showing of a mainline in a long time, but is sort of mid in the grand scheme of the series. This is a more competent and confident showing compared to 13 and 15. I think I may like it more than 12 and 8, though I find it harder to judge them against each other the farther back I go - especially since it has been so long since I've played those ones. Despite my gripes with 7r, I enjoyed my time with 7r much more.

As a stylish action game, it feels like there are tons of other games in that genre that are more fun and impressive. Bayonetta 3 is a game that pissed me off royally and for which I am a giant hater of. Compared to FF16 tho, the carry over gameplay elements from Bayonetta 1 and 2 still made Bayo 3 more consistently fun. But maybe... just maybe, in retrospect... all the dumb toxic discourse+drama with Bayo 3 was inherently more fun than FF16 had to offer :awesome: I'm just being mean tho, FF16 is definitely a much better product than Bayo 3. I think it definitely falls short in comparison to something like God War or DMC 5, however.

I would welcome a sequel/different game using the same mechanics because I can see everything improving if this is the first go.

This game isn't my first choice to introduce someone to the series, but it's not far from it! It's a more than solid entry to the franchise, and easy to recommend to a newcomer. I can't say I'm unhappy to have played a new FF, even though my reception isn't glowing.

I feel like I've used a lot of harsh wording to describe this game, but I can't say I actively disliked it. I really do get why people love it. It had some really high highs for me as well. I'm just gonna leave her here to sum up my thoughts:

FINAL_FANTASY_XVI_20230619140101.jpg

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i feel like i am at the end, the ability screen has now filled out and the story feels like it's reaching its conclusion. but also not at the end because i still have some undiscovered hunts and two part side quests that haven't unlocked yet. so i guess it's more i'm at the end but in like, the penultimate area? but i am waiting until i can sit down in peace when it's dark outside so i can really get into the mood. also so the sun isn't in my face while i'm trying to focus

anyway i kinda wish they let you use more than two abilities per eikon in battle. i feel like i stick to the same two abilities, one being the big powerful attack, and don't really explore the rest.

when you're fighting the undertaker-style enemies and it has an attack called 'spirits within' i am pointing at the screen like a chump. that's the name of the movie that nearly bankrupted the whole company!! and then when one of the hunt enemies has a 'spirits without' i was losing it (sitting still on the sofa and quietly going 'ha'). i have to go put some l'arc~en~ciel on repeat for a bit

on the subject of enemies, i am disappointed by the small variety available. and apart from the larger ones dropping unique items (although those will also be shared among the same class) there doesn't seem to be much reason to look for e.g. a death blossom over a vampire thorn. you're just going to get the same items wherever anyway.

after you do the side quest where you get torgal some bones, i starting thinking a bit. when the original kingdom hearts 2 came out there was some criticism about how there wasn't much exploration to the maps compared with the first game. then in final mix (and i believe all the modern hd rereleases) it added things to collect on the map which gave you stuff for exploring the world. and i feel like added something here, where you can collect bones from different enemies to give to torgal would give a reason to go out and find specific enemies. or even to replay previous dungeons for those enemies. and maybe doing so can raise torgal's stats or give him new abilities. maybe there could be a subplot there with one of the hideaway characters like the moogle.

square, i am available for game design work. please give me $10,000 for my dog bone sub quest idea

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Easy Allies' Frame Trap podcast with Ben Starr

(although ironically, it doesn't seem they'll be talking XVI much :monster: )

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i seem to have completed all the side quests and hunts, tomes completed filled, i'm level 50, only have the last dungeon to go but i am stalling a little lol

when looking up some ap farming spots i find out about the final fantasy mode. i'd seen the name on the trophy list when i was checking the hidden ones i didn't have, but i didn't know what it was then. and all i know now is that it's higher difficulty, enemies give more ap and exp, level cap is 100 and you can upgrade equipment more/make an ultima weapon?

i'm not sure if i care much about stuff like getting s ranks on all the arcade mode dungeons and stuff like that, but also when i've finished the game i would be only missing two trophies (finishing ff mode and mastering all abilities) and that would bother me. but if ff mode is really difficult, that would also bother me. i will give ff mode a go and see how it pans out

also, when you've beat the game can you resume from that save and play the pre-origin game again? or should i try to get everything (store items/missing chests/etcs) i can before going to origin?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i've got another game design tip for square

on the replay mode screen, have something that shows how many treasure chests are in a dungeon and how many you've already opened. a bit like what ff7r did with its chapter select screen

since this is a concept inspired by another one of their games, they can have this idea for only $1000

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i finished the game now

Xii1nF5.jpg

p1VG6y1.jpg

UtQoNkr.png

a plan to make everything into a single entity being foiled by the protagonist deciding to remain an individual? hmmmm

ending with a shot that opens on waves hitting a beach and the main character is looking up at the sky? reminds me of the end of something

getting rid of all dominants and bearers and magic? you might say 'goodbye, all evangelions'. oops no that's the wrong story

what is primogenesis but a neon genesis in the past

5PRs7i8.jpg

gM0gDWh.jpg

yes i know

although in addition to evangelion, is the backstory of ultima basically the one for the phantoms in the spirits within? (beings from another planet travel to hide a new home and cause trouble)

makes you think (about actually rewatching that film, i would if there's a japanese dub online)

i thought i'd go through the game with english audio and experience it that way, maybe in the final fantasy mode. but then i caved and just watched some videos online because i wanted to see what certain phrases would be in the english version. and most of the time they don't even seem to be in the dialogue lol. there's no 'ultimate life magic, Raise' (although he does say lower-case 'raise' i guess). there's no 'mortal eclipse'! it's like you're ashamed to just directly name your moves or something

also, since i have only seen mainly ending scenes but they seem to have flipped how ultima refers to him(?)self. iirc throughout the japanese game he uses singular first person (我) for most of the story until the end when the other ultimas appear and merge when he starts using first person plural pronouns (我ら) although lines in the singular do still pop up but that coincides with him being the 'king' of his kind (a phrase missing from the english script)/ultimalius. from what i read briefly this is the reverse in the english version, using plural most of the time until changing to singular at the end?

another thing: during the ultimalius fight when you have all the cinematic clashes, where in english ultima just a line corresponding to whatever element he's using, in japanese he has names taken mostly from ff3's summon magic with two exceptions

*Garuda = Gigametz (ガルーダ=ギガメス)
Ramuh = Spark (ラムウ=スパルク)
Titan = Hyper (タイタン=ハイパ)
Bahamut = Bahamur (バハムート=バハムル)
Shiva = Icen (シヴァ=アイスン)
Odin = Catastro (オーディン=カタスト)
*Phoenix = Tycon? (フェニックス=タイクン)

for most of them he says the attack name for the corresponding summons, but garuda wasn't a summon in ff3 but 'gigametz' was a character connected to garuda, and phoenix's might be based on tycoon from ff5? (first time phoenix appeared)

-----

anyway, gonna start by staying nice things

not specific for the ending, but i like the creepy eyes ultima has most of the game

the final series of battles were pretty bombastic and i enjoyed that

and i like when they are making the tree of life pattern, all the fruity poses the various ultimas do. it's like jojo or something

was very surprised to see that in english cid was voiced by ralph ineson, of 'the vvitch' fame and so many advert and tv voice overs. i went past a show yesterday had his narration. i haven't see much of english cid so imagine my surprise when i just suddenly hear a gruff yorkshireman going 'go on, lad!' in the middle of an rpg battle

the japanese version said the title, and twice with both meanings (ultima saying 'the final fantasy' and clive 'the ultimate fantasy'). they said the thing

i liked this shot a lot

i don't know why the baby joshua scene made me emotional

lived long enough to hear someone get called a 'berk' in a final fantasy game

when gav got upset, it made me upset. you can't cry gav, you're gonna get me going. then when torgal started howling that was it, i lost it. you can't make the dog sad in front of me

another regional difference, there's a whole other ending theme in the japanese version? from what i can see (from watching one video), the english version uses that 'my star' song. that's also in the japanese version, but starts around at the shot where jill is looking at the sun. before that there's a more modern sounding track with japanese lyrics (tsuki wo miteita - moongazing). tbh i think the english one works better, but i am used to these kind of sudden japanese pop songs at the end so it's not like it's a detriment or anything

i sat through the entire credits listening to the music, although i did at one point google how long they ran for. also was like 'this track's pretty nice, hope you didn't STEAL THIS ONE SOUKEN'

liked clive's uncle byron. liked clive, following on from ff15 where i went in with the assumption the main character would be brooding/angry but it turned out not to be the case

hearing they put a heavy emphasis on the english voices made me concerned the japanese ones might suffer but i thought it was pretty solid. the only one that stood out was barnabas' va, not because he was bad but the way he enunciated didn't sound like a regular voice actor and it turned out he is mainly a live action performer. but it didn't feel like stunt casting or anything so that's fine. i liked ultima's va and when i went to find out if i'd seen anything else with him in it i find out he was grown up simba from the lion king.

-------

gonna say some negatives now

the first part of the last battles (ifrit/phoenix/bahamut vs. ultima) being basically just a qte was a bit of a let down

i was left feeling a bit lacking by how certain story threads went. it's not like ff15 where it feels incomplete or like things were taken out, but i would have liked some follow up. leaving clive's fate a bit ambiguous i can accept (actually no i can't, you can't upset torgal), but other things just seemed to not lead anywhere. so did dion just die, then? it was a big fall but he also went into space and survived, so i would like to have seen a body if he is dead. it never follows up with kihel/the medicine girl despite giving her attention and a spot on the character chart. it seemed like it was building up to something and that was... nursing dion and giving him a reason to off-screen terance, who we never see or hear from again. i had liked how the side quests would build on prior ones but it seems weird that a main story character would just vanish. otherwise why give kihel multiple pointed appearances in the story

while there was more than just grey stone buildings, it did turn out to be a lot of... different colour stone buildings. i can see they were going for a more grounded look i guess, but a bit more variety and colour would be nice. i feel like i've missed chests because i have trouble spotting them when there's hidden next to walls of the same colour as the chests. i don't know if i could just change the picture settings but the colours could be very washed out and flat at times. maybe that's part of the game of thrones look they were going for but i don't have to like it

i found there was a big stretch between the penultimate main quest and the final one, mainly down to all the side quests that opened up at that time. i feel like they could have spread those out a little bit more

i am tired now so i think i will sleep on it and see how i feel. i enjoyed myself overall, though

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am listening to some of the soundtrack, didn't realise all (barring the japanese theme song) vocal tracks were sung in english

english lyrics, that choral style of singing. reminds me of something

oh yeah, shiro sagisu's rebuild of evangelion soundtracks which used english lyrics and the same singing style

is there no end to this

also am just now realising i have been calling him 'souken' when his name is actually 'soken' (and i was calling him just 'souken' because i couldn't remember what his given name was)

Lex

Administrator
i am listening to some of the soundtrack, didn't realise all (barring the japanese theme song) vocal tracks were sung in english

english lyrics, that choral style of singing. reminds me of something

oh yeah, shiro sagisu's rebuild of evangelion soundtracks which used english lyrics and the same singing style

is there no end to this

also am just now realising i have been calling him 'souken' when his name is actually 'soken' (and i was calling him just 'souken' because i couldn't remember what his given name was)
I absolutely love the vocal style in this game, it just does something to my brain.

Top Bottom