Hello, hello!

RoseAngel270

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Sarah
Hey, folks! I just joined the discord & forum for the first time, and couldn't find any other places for intros- Figured this was a good start!

I'm RoseAngel (or Sarah, feel free to use either or), and I'm based in Michigan in the US. I'm big into cosplay + all things related to Japanese media/culture, and also really interested in entry-level tech / healthcare, as I previously worked / currently work in either space.

Beyond that, I've always been a really big storyline gamer and honestly sit much more in the indie space with visual novels & whatnot- I've only been into FF7 since early 21', but just finished Rebirth last week and am in that space of needing to chat about it & work through my fandom feels- Just glad to be in more of a mainstream fandom this time!

Nice to meet ya'll! ^^

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I also love story games, but I almost never make time for gaming. Any indie story games you want to recommend?

Welcome :)

RoseAngel270

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Sarah
I also love story games, but I almost never make time for gaming. Any indie story games you want to recommend?

Welcome :)

Same here, tbh- Rebirth was the first game I made time for since TOTK back in May last year!

I really fell in love with The House in Fata Morgana back in spring of 22', and am also a longstanding fan of Higurashi, but they're both pretty heavy in terms of the themes they cover 😅 If you need something lighter and a lot shorter, I also really loved Gone Home & What Remains of Edith Finch, along with anything made by Rusty Lake? (Although their puzzle-based games are also a little dark/heavy in theming, too-)

When in doubt, Untitled Goose Game is my classic recommendation for a silly, lighthearted one- Unpacking is also really sweet too, and I'm hoping to add Little Kitty, Big City to the list when it finally launches!

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Hello, welcome!! Did somebody say indie games??

Yess to Edith Finch and Unpacking! I remember finding the ending of Gone Home a bit abrupt but that was over 10 years ago so maybe I should try it again (once I finally finish Rebirth lol). Tacoma (which I think is the same studio) is insanely good too, played that and them immediately turned the dev commentary on and played through again.

I was also losing myself in Pentiment before Rebirth stole me away, not sure if it counts as an indie but it has that vibe.

One of my fav things is finding weird little passion projects on steam that cost 50p and take an hour to play through. It fits with the amount of time I have to play games and even if they aren't good, they're usually bad in an interesting way...

RoseAngel270

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Sarah
Hello, welcome!! Did somebody say indie games??

Yess to Edith Finch and Unpacking! I remember finding the ending of Gone Home a bit abrupt but that was over 10 years ago so maybe I should try it again (once I finally finish Rebirth lol). Tacoma (which I think is the same studio) is insanely good too, played that and them immediately turned the dev commentary on and played through again.

I was also losing myself in Pentiment before Rebirth stole me away, not sure if it counts as an indie but it has that vibe.

One of my fav things is finding weird little passion projects on steam that cost 50p and take an hour to play through. It fits with the amount of time I have to play games and even if they aren't good, they're usually bad in an interesting way...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets lost in that section of Steam! 👀 I haven't had my eyes on Tacoma or Pentiment in a while (or Gone Home either, tbh), but they both look really interesting!

I used to love taking a full afternoon to go through steam and play through any new games I could find- I ended up finding all-video indie games that way (like Contradiction / The Bunker), and those were a fun rabbit hole to get into?

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets lost in that section of Steam! 👀 I haven't had my eyes on Tacoma or Pentiment in a while (or Gone Home either, tbh), but they both look really interesting!

I used to love taking a full afternoon to go through steam and play through any new games I could find- I ended up finding all-video indie games that way (like Contradiction / The Bunker), and those were a fun rabbit hole to get into?
Oh man, on all-video games, Sam Barlow's (Her Story, Telling Lies and Immortality) absolutely break my brain - if I start one I can't think about anything else until they're done. Highly, HIGHLY reccomend.

Top Bottom