SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Stiggie c'mon, we both know Cloud is too insecure for a fourway with Zack. Maybe the old two couples in one room having a voyeur/exhibitionist spin, but no shuffling.

WispyWave

Lv. 1 Adventurer
(another edit sorry) *Bleach is an interesting comparison to make aswell, since Clotis and Ichihimes are in the same boat from what I gather.
Having been in the trenchs for this during publication, the intense Ichirukis are just as delulu and misogynistic as Cleriths.
No Ichigo does NOT end up with his childhood friend wtf he met Ori ONCE when they were younger but didn't even remember her. Why is this lie spreading, his childhood friend is Tatsuki.
Easy mistake to make as someone not involved in the fandom. But pretty sure he did remember her when she came to the clinic? She was the one who didn't remember him? I could be misremembering too though. 😅
Wish they did more with Tatsuki. I feel like her character was wasted in Bleach.
All Ichigo wanted was live a human life and protect his family and friends. Sure wish the story had projected that more, but it's not as interesting as SS stuff to the majority of readers, I figure.

All I want after FF7R is a slice of life anime with Cloud and Tifa and their found family being happy. :')

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Having been in the trenchs for this during publication, the intense Ichirukis are just as delulu and misogynistic as Cleriths.

Easy mistake to make as someone not involved in the fandom. But pretty sure he did remember her when she came to the clinic? She was the one who didn't remember him? I could be misremembering too though. 😅

All Ichigo wanted was live a human life and protect his family and friends. Sure wish the story had projected that more, but it's not as interesting as SS stuff to the majority of readers, I figure.

All I want after FF7R is a slice of life anime with Cloud and Tifa and their found family being happy. :')
A slice of life anime called "Strife Delivery Service".

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Let's bring some fun here what brand new Tifa and Cloud moment do you think they could add in part 3 or any other ship. Even what Cloud and Aerith's final conversation could be?

Reactions: LNK

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Let's bring some fun here what brand new Tifa and Cloud moment do you think they could add in part 3 or any other ship. Even what Cloud and Aerith's final conversation could be?
When Zack and Aerith finally reunite, Zack will say "So, you like Cloud huh?"

And Aerith will say "Yeah, I do."

Zack will then look sad.

Aerith will then smile and say "But there's a difference between liking and LIKING."

Then Aerith will kiss/hug Zack, indicating that she feels the former with Cloud and the latter with him.

There's my quick elevator pitch.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
When Zack and Aerith finally reunite, Zack will say "So, you like Cloud huh?"

And Aerith will say "Yeah, I do."

Zack will then look sad.

Aerith will then smile and say "But there's a difference between liking and LIKING."

Then Aerith will kiss/hug Zack, indicating that she feels the former with Cloud and the latter with him.

There's my quick elevator pitch.
Liking and liiiking will be in my nightmares XD I still can't believe that's actual dialogue. Imagine seeing a leak saying Aeriths will tell Cloud she likes him but then say theres a difference between liking and liiiking you would think they are crazy 🤣

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

My wish list...

1. We get the full death/funeral scene of Aerith during the time of Cloud's break. 2. Aerith/Zack reunion scene. 2. Epilogue scenes of everyone at the ending, but the scenes all take place post DoC.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Man, I always miss the anime detours!

Not sure if these childhood friend winners were already mentioned but: Kiznavier, Daaaarling In The Franxx, Anohana (which was ripped off by the previous two), Parasyte, Masamune Kun's Revenge (I can't stand Aki but there it is). Of course some of these had multiple childhood friends in play.

I pick the wrong side all the time. Sometimes they were always screwed due to having blue hair (Rem, Megumi, Rui, Ami). Sometimes they're passionate enough to win me over in spite of the narrative being against them (Yui, Hanekawa, Eiko, Kana). Sometimes I just plain like them better (Tessa, Historia, Yuki, Lyu, Kaori, Mimosa). Sometimes no matter who "won" I would still feel like shit (Koko vs Linda). Yet other times there are no winners, we're just here to watch the fucking world burn (Toumaaaaaaa...). And then of course my favorite Quint lost: Nino! But she never had a chance in hell. Miku would have been a great choice as well. Oh well, they got a bakery business out of it.

Maybe this is why I have no empathy for certain FFVII fans trying to gaslight their ship into existence. We all have to take a bite from the shit sandwich sometime. Throw some popcorn at the screen and move on.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

Not sure if these childhood friend winners were already mentioned but: Kiznavier, Daaaarling In The Franxx, Anohana (which was ripped off by the previous two), Parasyte, Masamune Kun's Revenge (I can't stand Aki but there it is). Of course some of these had multiple childhood friends in play.

I pick the wrong side all the time. Sometimes they were always screwed due to having blue hair (Rem, Megumi, Rui, Ami). Sometimes they're passionate enough to win me over in spite of the narrative being against them (Yui, Hanekawa, Eiko, Kana). Sometimes I just plain like them better (Tessa, Historia, Yuki, Lyu, Kaori, Mimosa). Sometimes no matter who "won" I would still feel like shit (Koko vs Linda). Yet other times there are no winners, we're just here to watch the fucking world burn (Toumaaaaaaa...). And then of course my favorite Quint lost: Nino! But she never had a chance in hell. Miku would have been a great choice as well. Oh well, they got a bakery business out of it.

Maybe this is why I have no empathy for certain FFVII fans trying to gaslight their ship into existence. We all have to take a bite from the shit sandwich sometime. Throw some popcorn at the screen and move on.
Yeah, I often find myself rooting for the childhood friend in a lot of these. I noticed you brought up Kiznaiver, in which I did the same as well. However, not only did she lose to someone I find quite abusive but my problem with that show is it has an interesting premise that devolves into relationship melodrama.

Actually, FFVII is probably one of the few stories with a love triangle in which I rooted for the childhood friend and she actually got those feelings returned. Of course, there are many other stories with a childhood friend love interest but a lot of the ones I like don't have love triangles to begin with.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Shame, never heard of it. Thanks anyway.
Never? That's surprising. It was everywhere for awhile.

And yet, Aerith does not consider Zack as a childhood friend, since she laments not having one in game!
I know. This is not me disputing anything, just talking about how "childhood X" is a really fuzzy category.

Nope. "A slice of 7th Heaven" is the name and I will brook no arguments.

In video games not yet mentioned, you have such examples as Fire Emblem 5 and 6, Bayonetta (her romantic interests include her childhood best friend and the reincarnation of her first love), Irvine and Selphie, Vaan and Penelo, so on so forth etc. etc. etc.
Point being, it does happen.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names

Bleach rapidly lost my interest when it became all about Soul Society, the early chapters on Earth might as well be the whole plot for me.

I'm down for this.

Not bad, but I feel it gives Cloud too much focus (I know I know he's the main guy but a good slice of life should feel a bit more ensemble cast driven imo).

Nope. "A slice of 7th Heaven" is the name and I will brook no arguments.

Prepare to die on that hill then sir, because my pitch is for "Avalanche of Life" :monster: However, "A Slice of 7th Heaven" is a great episode title or bumper denoting a Tifa focused episode. Same for the earlier Strife Delivery Service when Cloud's in the driver seat.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not bad, but I feel it gives Cloud too much focus (I know I know he's the main guy but a good slice of life should feel a bit more ensemble cast driven imo).

Prepare to die on that hill then sir, because my pitch is for "Avalanche of Life" :monster: However, "A Slice of 7th Heaven" is a great episode title or bumper denoting a Tifa focused episode. Same for the earlier Strife Delivery Service when Cloud's in the driver seat.
I think "A Slice of 7th Heaven" is best because it centers thing around the bar and restaurant. Tifa segments could be called "Unlocking the Heart" or "High kicks and High Spirits". Marlene could be "Marlene's Stamp of Approval" you've got your "Daily Dose of Denzel" and "Big Man, Bigger feelings" for Barrett.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
My wish list...

1. We get the full death/funeral scene of Aerith during the time of Cloud's break. 2. Aerith/Zack reunion scene. 2. Epilogue scenes of everyone at the ending, but the scenes all take place post DoC.
The last one is literally all I want lmao. I mean I feel like if this a remake, how can we leave out seeing Denzel in some way?

My wish list:

1. A proper Zack and Cloud reunion (it’s a friend…ship)
2. I know Tifa talks about the cliff fall in Gongaga, but I’d like to see what Cloud went through at that time. I wanna see how he felt when she was in a coma. Especially since it’s such an important memory to him. I want to see the whole scene.

I guess that’s it. I am excited for the Aerith and Zack reunion but I feel like that’s kind of a given.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I think "A Slice of 7th Heaven" is best because it centers thing around the bar and restaurant.

If we focus solely on the bar/restaurant environment, I'll concede your name is better. However I will posit that this isn't an accurate slice of these characters lives. I really wanna see Cloud doing deliveries, killing a monster that was a minor speed bump to him, then ironically turning down an offer of 2,000 gil from the client because he was just delivering something. Bonus if Tifa's riding on the back of the bike that day. I wanna see episodes where Barret's out doing shit on the oil fields, then coming home to tell the kids all about it and have an ol' drink by the fire with Tifa and Cloud. Not just slice of life, slice of Avalanche's lives as it were.

Tifa segments could be called "Unlocking the Heart" or "High kicks and High Spirits". Marlene could be "Marlene's Stamp of Approval" you've got your "Daily Dose of Denzel" and "Big Man, Bigger feelings" for Barrett.

I 100% approve all of this though. That's good stuff.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
If we focus solely on the bar/restaurant environment, I'll concede your name is better. However I will posit that this isn't an accurate slice of these characters lives.
I think it works not because we focus on that environment but rather on a group of people who have ties to it.

I really wanna see Cloud doing deliveries, killing a monster that was a minor speed bump to him, then ironically turning down an offer of 2,000 gil from the client because he was just delivering something. Bonus if Tifa's riding on the back of the bike that day. I wanna see episodes where Barret's out doing shit on the oil fields, then coming home to tell the kids all about it and have an ol' drink by the fire with Tifa and Cloud. Not just slice of life, slice of Avalanche's lives as it were.

Are we including any of Yuffie, Cid, Vincent or Reeve? Because if we included them I could see using Avalanche in the title. Otherwise I might use "Avalanche of life" for a "new baby" arc and how that changes everyone's lives.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie

Rem!!!! My man.

I never "pick" the wrong side, I tend to know whether the girl I like will be screwed over or not. But I tend to have a soft spot for the person I think will lose and cheer for them regardless.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I only really started watching anime in 2019/2020. And even then I was an ignorant and stupid 12/13 year old. So unless it was popular sometime after that I wouldn't have heard about it.
Ah, that's fair. I guess it hasn't really withstood the test of time compared to some of the other shit from the time. It's what the UQ Holder guy was doing before Negima.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I think it works not because we focus on that environment but rather on a group of people who have ties to it.

Are we including any of Yuffie, Cid, Vincent or Reeve? Because if we included them I could see using Avalanche in the title. Otherwise I might use "Avalanche of life" for a "new baby" arc and how that changes everyone's lives.

I'd like to see Yuffie at minimum around often enough to be main cast, as we've discussed she's everyone's bratty little sis. Reeve I'm iffy on, he'd be pretty out of place ... but an episode where Yuffie tries to help him dress more like the normal non-Shinra folk and trolls him into buying his reverse zipper coat from DoC would be great. Cid should get a spot though, the episodes featuring him and aviation could be boss. Vincent can have the occasional very special episode? Just hanging out slice of life seems a poor fit for him. Although Yuffie again trolling by dragging him to a goth kid hangout where he is immediately subject to goth hero worship could be great.

i will also agree Avalanche of Life is a great new baby nothing the same anymore title, but hear me out... Season finale big change title drop episode.

Edit @abzy1200: Holy fuck y'all are young :monster: Love Hina was actually good for a wacky harem romcom if you're ever curious

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
On the topic of Cloud and Tifa having children, as much as I would love for it to happen, I very much doubt it would since the 7th heaven family is made up of people who were orphaned.

I don't know if that's actually relevant or something Square is hell bent on keeping, though.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'd like to see Yuffie at minimum around often enough to be main cast, as we've discussed she's everyone's bratty little sis. Reeve I'm iffy on, he'd be pretty out of place ... but an episode where Yuffie tries to help him dress more like the normal non-Shinra folk and trolls him into buying his reverse zipper coat from DoC would be great. Cid should get a spot though, the episodes featuring him and aviation could be boss. Vincent can have the occasional very special episode? Just hanging out slice of life seems a poor fit for him. Although Yuffie again trolling by dragging him to a goth kid hangout where he is immediately subject to goth hero worship could be great.

i will also agree Avalanche of Life is a great new baby nothing the same anymore title, but hear me out... Season finale big change title drop episode.
Cid absolutely fits, especially as part of Barret doing the drilling episodes, "Sit down with Cid" for those. Yuffie, hmmmm. "You, Me, Yuffie!" perhaps?
If we're going DOC time we can get Shelke and Nanaki involved in some of this too. I'll have to think of their segment names.

Edit @abzy1200: Holy fuck y'all are young :monster: Love Hina was actually good for a wacky harem romcom if you're ever curious
Homeboy has to run a boarding house full of wacky women while trying to get into college.

On the topic of Cloud and Tifa having children, as much as I would love for it to happen, I very much doubt it would since the 7th heaven family is made up of people who were orphaned.

I don't know if that's actually relevant or something Square is hell bent on keeping, though.
I mean, you aren't wrong but that doesn't preclude the couple from adding one more the old fashioned way.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Cid absolutely fits, especially as part of Barret doing the drilling episodes, "Sit down with Cid" for those.

I demand the episode bumpers be a pic of Cid angry shouting with a cup of tea in hand to fully sell the reference. Better yet, pouring said cup calmly before commercial break, the above after.

Yuffie, hmmmm. "You, Me, Yuffie!" perhaps?
If we're going DOC time we can get Shelke and Nanaki involved in some of this too. I'll have to think of their segment names.

Nanaki definitely needs to be here for this. I'm iffier on Shelke, even though there is legit a lot to do with her as a character. "Shelke's Settling Psyche" maybe, with a focus on her life normalizing post DG?

Homeboy has to run a boarding house full of wacky women while trying to get into college.

Homeboy is also a painfully clumsy fool who seems fated to fall into situations that make him seem perverted... which he is, but he never does it on purpose. And the boarding house has its own hot spring baths.

I mean, you aren't wrong but that doesn't preclude the couple from adding one more the old fashioned way.

Or another found family member doing so. Barret is ripped with a sensitive face and dad energy. Even the robot/gun arm isn't gonna scare all the ladies off if he gets back in the game. And Marlene seems the type to be overjoyed with a new sibling. My vote to the writing staff: let's get Barret laid :monster:

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
Liking and liiiking will be in my nightmares XD I still can't believe that's actual dialogue. Imagine seeing a leak saying Aeriths will tell Cloud she likes him but then say theres a difference between liking and liiiking you would think they are crazy 🤣

saw that leak but what was shared to me was the entire video when I show them the complete line~ C/A was in denial until they denied the 'nakama' and they reason out everything.. hahaha it was hillarious~

they denied the kiss and make who lot of explanations and excuses you all know that ~

honestly i really wanted a proper #Zerith reunion ~ I wanted a compensation on that DMW 😭😭 - A kiss will seal it anywayz they were the 'true original' first couple~

dmw.gif

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Someone missed the Aerith water tower talk and all the comments on the video are accusing her of hating Aerith. These people are actually freaks let a person play how they want. When you start seeing the same names on every FF7 video saying the same stuff its scary how obsessed these people are.

Top Bottom