SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 9 Spoiler Discussion

Considered by whom? My point is that Grayson Perry does not feel the word is slur when it is used by other people to describe him. There's no central authority for any community who makes these kinds of decisions for the community as a whole, and while someone outside the community might not want to use the term for most transvestites, they wouldn't be out of order using it for Grayson Perry.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I still haven't finished the chapter, there's so much to unpack.

Okay, first things first... The collapsed expressway and the park scene. Aerith is trying so hard to stir Cloud up, but he won't let his guard down so quickly. She keeps comparing the first guy she ever loved to Cloud and recreating moments of companionship and fun, but she unlimately fails, and I feel so sorry for her. I like the way it's carried out though. It's a lot like life. Without trying to make it sound LTD-ish, I'd just say, she might enjoy Cloud's company because he's very different from anyone else, he's got a kind heart deep down inside, he's easy to poke fun at, and it's just so entertaining to crack and peel off his shell piece by piece, but she clearly misses that easy-going and adventurous guy who would do the same to her and smile from ear to ear. With the Remake, Zerith rocketed to a new level of hurt.

Wall Market is masterfully crafted, true, and I'm proud to call it the most annoying chapter in the game so far :wacky: I didn't watch it in its entirety last year because WM streets made me kind of dizzy, but hooooo boy now that I'm playing it myself, the dizziness is unavoidable. The nerve! But I get it, we look at WM through Cloud's eyes. Perhaps, he'd like to be able to have some fun in a place that had been designed solely for entertainment (and mafia), but he can't, for two reasons. First, he's the sensitive type that gets overstimulated and overwhelmed easily, but is stoic enough not to let it show and doesn't burst out like Squall. But I bet he keeps thinking, I've had enough of this noise, and these crowds, and this attention, leave me alone. And second, even he has the urge to take part in activities, he just can't. It's embarrassing, it exposes him as vulnerable and unexperienced, it goes agains the image he got used to wearing. Or maybe it's just me?

Anyway, Johnny is irritating, and THE SAUCE sequence is hilarious, and I got lost in these streets countless times even with the map on, and all the mini-games are much harder than they seemed to be in streams.

The chapter's motto should be what Johnny said when running off. "I'm gonna see some weird shit tonight!"

Wall Market, I love you and hate you :wacky:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Double post, but I've just finished the chapter.

Still amazed how long, exhausting but fascinating it was. The rhythm game is incredibly difficult, even after you've learnt how to deal with the timing. But I'm kinda glad that the player is forced to look at the promts rather than at the dance, because the level of second hand embarrasment is insane. Cloud, baby, I feel your pain :wacky: but Andrea is a master of dance and seduction, soooo Cloud is in good hands :awesome:

Wall Market leaves an impression of an LGBT-friendly place overall. I liked the way Jules commented on Cloud's dancing skills and didn't say a single word of criticism or cringe. A nice touch.

Chadley's emotional response has probably become a meme by this point :D

Whenever you're trying to leave the town while in a dress, Aerith says, "Stop dilly-dallying!" Yeah. Start shilly-shallying instead.

Managed to beat Hell House first time, but regretted not having the ice materia on me and used way too many potions and healing spells to my liking, but Aerith was very kind to go on filling up her limit gauge in no time and saving the day. I should have probably tried the colloseum solo, but I couldn't wait to run further with the story.

Seeing Aerith and Tifa kicking ass together makes me insanely happy :3

The final impression is when Cloud answers Corneo's question, he shrugs his shoulders pretty much like in the OG. Not the same cartoonish way, of course, but I loved it.

cloud shrugs.jpg:shrug:

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Triple post! I'm currently replaying Chapters 8 & 9 for the sake of dresses, and I have a question... So Johnny is trying really hard to "resque Tifa" and runs from one influencer to another. How exactly does he imagine it? Does he think their approval will simply grant him the permission to enter Don's mansion? Or is he hoping they will turn him into a drag princess like Cloud?

Top Bottom