FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

MelodicEnigma

Pro Adventurer
"We came here together five years ago."

It has to be a location that Zack visited after their Nibelheim escape.

So either Gongaga, Banora, or even Shinra Manor.

But clearly Zack carries a recollection of a "Zack" within his mind. But I'm pretty positive it's not the real one.

Wait huh? Wouldn't 5 years ago be during the Nibelheim Incident, so it'd be a location relevant to before the escape? But yeah, I'd imagine it's either the rebuilt town Cloud is referring to, or it could be the Shinra Manor too. Both come across in the OG.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't think it's a past Midgar, like before it was completed. Are we sure they're not just approaching Sector 6? Is it interesting that the Shinra Building isn't visible. But also, the Shinra Building is clearing visible during Zack's scenes in Remake.

Or is it Sector 5? We know Square doesn't know :awesomonster:

(in seriousness, they're just way the hell closer than the end of CC and Remake. If Zack survives, this is Zack getting Cloud down to the actual city.)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Well, that would be the safe assumption.

But I definitely can believe we'll see a Zack (either imaginary or a glimpse of him from his world/perspective) this time around, within the Northern Crater when the walls of false reality come crashing down around Cloud.

Cloud remembers "Zack" this time around with his false persona, but I think the Zack Cloud remembers, versus the real Zack are two different things.

"We came here together five years ago."

It has to be a location that Zack visited after their Nibelheim escape.

So either Gongaga, Banora, or even Shinra Manor.

But clearly Zack carries a recollection of a "Zack" within his mind. But I'm pretty positive it's not the real one.

Five years ago would be before the Nibelheim incident though? Zack and Cloud escaped only 1 year before the start of the game?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I think the reason we're seeing Cloud in his current outfit in the past of Nibelheim, is because it's playing out just like it did in the original.

We're going to be experiencing/playing it as Cloud. As a playable flashback. So it just transplants Cloud as he is into his memories. Just like Sephiroth is in his Remake design in the flashback.
Sephiroth's design has changed across the board. he's using the same outfit in EC and CCR.

For Cloud, they HAVE a younger model of him, even EC uses a different model for this sequence. So either it is a mistake, or...? (Not making any big claims off of this alone lol)

Reactions: LNK

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
I don't think it's a past Midgar, like before it was completed. Are we sure they're not just approaching Sector 6? Is it interesting that the Shinra Building isn't visible. But also, the Shinra Building is clearing visible during Zack's scenes in Remake.

View attachment 12546

View attachment 12548

Couldn't that be a matter of perspective? In the Remake shot Zack is way farther and from a higher place. In the other they seem to be right by Midgar's feet, so the structure of the city itself could be covering the Shinra building from that angle.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wait huh? Wouldn't 5 years ago be during the Nibelheim Incident, so it'd be a location relevant to before the escape? But yeah, I'd imagine it's either the rebuilt town Cloud is referring to, or it could be the Shinra Manor too. Both come across in the OG.

Five years ago would be before the Nibelheim incident though? Zack and Cloud escaped only 1 year before the start of the game?

Yes, and I think Cloud is remembering his version of the Nibelheim Incident with Zack in it.

"You were here with me. Five years ago. Where are you? What happened to you?"

I think Cloud is saying this at Nibelheim. Maybe when he firsts arrives to the newly rebuilt town. Maybe to himself, maybe in a dream to Zack, maybe towards a false vision of Zack... Who knows. :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Couldn't that be a matter of perspective? In the Remake shot Zack is way farther and from a higher place. In the other they seem to be right by Midgar's feet, so the structure of the city itself could be covering the Shinra building from that angle.

Right. Maybe someone who's more knowledgeable in what direction Midgar is facing could confirm what sector Zack would arrive at when traveling from the cliffside or something. But yeah I think it's just Sector 6.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The floating white feather while Zack carries Cloud is 100% a callback to the Crisis Core ending too. That's pretty fucking major right there. LMAO like, that's wild.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Honestly I can't even remember it from CC or whatever, so I am depending on you lore masters to say what the heck it could signify...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
FFVII Rebirth is currently at most 1 year, 9 months and 4 days away (counting towards the end of astronomical Winter season on March 21, 2024). Start the countdown! :awesome:

We could potentially get XVI and VIIRb within 6 months apart. I'm frothing at the mouth here
FFXIV 7.0 will also likely be within 6 months of Rebirth too (on the 2024 side). So a lot of major SE releases during the year of summer 2023 to summer 2024.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, watch the ending of Crisis Core. All the way to the end.

I think it's very interesting they'd have that included in the scene where Zack's walking around alive. Very strange messaging and symbolism there.

Especially with the tagline words.

Reactions: LNK

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I did a google search and came up with something posted by some dude called Makoeyes987

'In Scene 09-02, there is a section where Zack is standing on water and looking up at a white feather floating down from a blue sky. When we asked the development staff about their intentions for the direction in this scene, we received the following response.

(...)

The blue sky symbolises Zack, the white feather Angeal, and the water Aerith.

(...)

The white feature, as well as being a symbol for Angeal, is also a symbol for ‘wings’. The “wings” which cross the ‘blue sky’ is Angeal, and it also includes the hint that in order to reach those heights, dreams, he needs to overcome many difficulties.
.'

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And we also see that feather over Zack's grave as he ascends to the afterlife and passes on.

So, it makes one wonder if Angeal is watching over him or something. Even there. Which is pretty interesting given the fact Zack's alive. So, kinda weird and fascinating to see here in this context. But an obvious acknowledgment and awareness of Crisis Core and when/where this is happening.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
FFXIV 7.0 will also likely be within 6 months of Rebirth too (on the 2024 side). So a lot of major SE releases during the year of summer 2023 to summer 2024.

simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Am I the only one worried they may have changed/cut some stuff? Because ALL of FF7 in only 3 parts(with modern technology)... Is that even possible? Or did they realize that 4 parts wouldn't be financially viable(even if necessary), and were forced to cut off content?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
There will be changes for sure, but I don’t think you need to worry about cuts though. I mentioned this in the TLS Discord voicechat but Rebirth will likely not have nearly as much entirely new additional areas/content as the first installment did (since it was taking place entirely in Midgar).

Top Bottom